VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Little Nervous About Stress Test!

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

Well had my annual stress test at my private cardio doc on Monday and today they called and want me to come back in. Not quite sure what this is about but I was able to walk this time and did OK but who knows?

I recommend that anyone especially Vietnam veterans to get their hearts checked if they have any type of the so called markers for heart disease hypertension, shortness of breath, chest pain or just plain fatigue!

Good luck to all!

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Stillhere,

The Doctor probably just wants to go over the results with you. I have never been able to do the treadmill thing. I always have to do the chemical test. Good luck.

Papa

It is good to get a stress test every year! Send I had my first heart attack in 1998 the DR has had me down for a test each year. So I try to give up my Hamburger'S two month's a head and start walking :ohmy: In 2001 I had a stress test and the DR call me the next day and said you need to go to the hospital. So my point is, maybe your ok or quit eating them damn Hambuger's! What-a-burger is really good!!!!:tongue: But on another note in dec. 2010 the VA awarded me with 10% IHD. I have had two heart attacks, two stents and constantly see a heart DR. The question is should I ask for than 10% or is this ok??????

SP4RVN1971

What was your EF (ejection fraction) on your latest echocardiogram? What is your latest METS reading?

It is good to get a stress test every year! Send I had my first heart attack in 1998 the DR has had me down for a test each year. So I try to give up my Hamburger'S two month's a head and start walking :ohmy: In 2001 I had a stress test and the DR call me the next day and said you need to go to the hospital. So my point is, maybe your ok or quit eating them damn Hambuger's! What-a-burger is really good!!!!:tongue: But on another note in dec. 2010 the VA awarded me with 10% IHD. I have had two heart attacks, two stents and constantly see a heart DR. The question is should I ask for than 10% or is this ok??????

Asomdepot, What is ejection fraction? I can do a stress test without to much trouble. The VA said my MET's were 10.1, and I need to find out what my personal DR report said. Its amazing they that only go that back to the date that I file with Va! To consider they knew I had this heart condition since 1998 by my doctor's record that I send them. It's sad that this great country would treat us like they do! Oh well! :angry:

• HadIt.com Elder

I did the treadmill test and began to slip and fell. That was really good for my heart. I don't do those anymore. I do the chemical test. The treadmill is dangerous for a guy like me with PN in both feet. Unless you have symptoms I don't recommend these tests.

SP4RVN1971

Basically your EF (Ejection Fraction) is the measure of ability of your heart to pump out blood on the left side of your heart. As far as I know it is measured only on an echocardiogram, it doesn't get measured by normal stress test. A persons normal EF is 50-55, when you get below 35 you are a candidate for a defibralator. You may want to check the ratings schedule on this site but I seem to remember that under cardiovascular section it will give you the brackets that different EF and METs will rate out for disability. 10.1 for your MET's is if I remember correctly very high to be considered for disability, its only when your get down into the 3-6 range. Again working off memory here, Check with your personal doctor for what he/she says as for both your EF and MET's. Not saying they would but the VA tends to cast the evidence in their favor and not yours.

Yes, the disability is based on the date of initial filing. I guess the message there is at the first sign of any complaint is to file,that way if it eventually becomes an issue its on record and would for payment purposes be retroactive. Of course GIs that I know and knew were not ones to complain about the small things (as in that famous Vietnam call "it ain't no big thing!". I think sincere people tend to not want to complain. When and if it comes to bite them then they feel bewildered and betrayed.

Asomdepot, What is ejection fraction? I can do a stress test without to much trouble. The VA said my MET's were 10.1, and I need to find out what my personal DR report said. Its amazing they that only go that back to the date that I file with Va! To consider they knew I had this heart condition since 1998 by my doctor's record that I send them. It's sad that this great country would treat us like they do! Oh well! :angry: