VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Little Nervous About Stress Test!

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

Well had my annual stress test at my private cardio doc on Monday and today they called and want me to come back in. Not quite sure what this is about but I was able to walk this time and did OK but who knows?

I recommend that anyone especially Vietnam veterans to get their hearts checked if they have any type of the so called markers for heart disease hypertension, shortness of breath, chest pain or just plain fatigue!

Good luck to all!

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I did the treadmill test and began to slip and fell. That was really good for my heart. I don't do those anymore. I do the chemical test. The treadmill is dangerous for a guy like me with PN in both feet. Unless you have symptoms I don't recommend these tests.

With the on coming PN in my left leg and the nevre problem thru out my body, I will probably have to consider going Chemecal test only. Even with the loss of weight the nevre pain is to much to over come. I am going to file for PN as soon as the VA settle on my prostate and DMII.

Well I did the stress at my last C&P and failed so they ordered me the chemical and I was leaning that way this time with my private doc but I decided to push myself this time and let the chips fall where they may.

I have a few activities I would like to get cleared by him to do so I could possible calm down my anxiety and get my depression under control!!

Now I have to wait until this Wed. (2 days) before I can see him and I feel really like loosing it more a more each day. I have played through my head many things and what I think is wrong but....

hopping for the best and getting ready for the worst is a bitch!

Just as I thought just wanted to sit down and talk about my condition! Whew my anxiety is really a trip sometimes! Got cleared to do some exercises and play golf as long as I ride a cart! I hope this helps me drop the weight I have put on need to get rid of 20/30 and exercise will do it since I really am not eating much.

I have pretty much decided on a cath in 6 months because the echo is showing some area around where the stents were place. The cath is better than the echo anyhow.

Hope all have a Great St. Paddy's day! Everyone is Irish today!!

Edited by stillhere

• HadIt.com Elder

Stillhere

I would get the cath and forget the treadmill. I could not get my heart rate up to the required level before my legs gave out. The chemical test was easy. If you have stents why would you do the treadmill/echo. You know you have a problem. Everything has a risk but that treadmill was the worst for me. I almost really busted my ass.

I am with you John I am about 100% certain that I will do the cath next time.

Did a little bit more of exercising yesterday but little sore today so I will probably cool it for today. One of the worst things my doc said I could do would be to just jump into it whole hog. Need to pace myself!

I love the cath. but my is 60 years old like me and he thinks I can run like he can :wacko: Now that am starting to have problem's with my feet the cath is way plus all the med's am on make me feel like on a boat. I heard today that my claim for Prostate and DMII is rating