VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long For Referral Appointment

Rate this topic

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what the average time it takes to get an appointment for a referral by the PCP. The RN that I saw referred me to get xrays and then to the physical medicine rehabilitation clinic. I was told it take 30 days to get the appointments but it's been longer and no word.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Yup. It takes what it takes.

The VA keeps saying that they "want to own your healthcare" that they want to be your singular healthcare provider.

If this is so, then they need to start acting like we are the "customer" that "pays" them.

Otherwise, we just numbers to them.

They need to start calling us, and calling us by OUR NAMES.

Then, then they will have succeeded in their "mission statement".

But, then, until then, "it takes what it takes"!:blink:

Yup. It takes what it takes.

The VA keeps saying that they "want to own your healthcare" that they want to be your singular healthcare provider.

If this is so, then they need to start acting like we are the "customer" that "pays" them.

Otherwise, we just numbers to them.

They need to start calling us, and calling us by OUR NAMES.

Then, then they will have succeeded in their "mission statement".

But, then, until then, "it takes what it takes"!:blink:

Edited by COOL BREEZE

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what the average time it takes to get an appointment for a referral by the PCP. The RN that I saw referred me to get xrays and then to the physical medicine rehabilitation clinic. I was told it take 30 days to get the appointments but it's been longer and no word.

It also depends on your rating %. If you are 50% or higher you are supposed to get an appointment quicker. It took 3 months to get an nerve conduction test, and that was out sourced to a private hospital. Regular appointments 2 months. Hearing doctor-2-3 months. ANd low and behold if you cancel your appointment. Also lots of Vets don't know if they fail to see a doctor at least once a year, they may be dis-enrolled and will have to re-enroll again to continue receiving health Care. They did it to me!:ohmy:

John,

Don't just sit and wait; I've fallen thru the cracks before and, if I hadn't followed up, Never would have gotten an appointment.

I was waiting for so long for cancer surgery (where time is not your friend) that I tried self-surgery and gave my PCP & referral docs the links

and I finally got a date scheduled.

Raise hell!

John

You might want to check with the doctor to see if he actually made the referral. I recently asked for a referral to the sleep clinic and after waiting to her from them found out that the doctor hadn't made the referral yet.

Rick