VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu 100% And Other Benefits

Rate this question

westcoastlv

Question

Hi,

Just wanted to see if anyone has an answer to this question. If a vet is SC'd at say 60% or above, (not 100%) at get's TDIU, they get paid 100% dollars, right? But does that also mean that they can take advantage of the other benefits that only come along with 100% such as the Champva for family, dental, home mortgage insurance, etc?

And, can anyone explain how you can be SC'd lower than 100% and have TDIU granted? More specifically of a mental nature. If you have PTSD rated at only 70%, but that 70% is so bad that you can't work, why would you be 100%?

Thanks anyone for input.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

hedgey: Please refer to same site again. Go to the M21-1MR, PartIV, Section F---see Item 28c. on page 18. (This is the VA Adjudication's Manual.) **Concerning TDIU(IU), I believe they no longer send the 4140 at age 69, or totally disabled due to unemployability 20 yrs continous, or are now 100% schedular. #Hope this helps.

I was told that 70% paying at100% IU was the same as 70% paying at 100% TDIU ON this forum by an elder. Still need the PT stamp to be permanent and total----- A' m I wrong ??????

bandido,

IU and TDIU are the same thing, just abbreviated even more.