VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exams Scheduled

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Hello I have a question for you all. I am disgnosed with DDD and I got a letter detailing several C/P exams coming up for Mood disorder to include depression, IVDS, Tempoary 100% ( Was told they lost the claim) Aid and attendance Tendonitis Permanent and total 100%. I am not sure if I can have both rattings for IVDS and DDD but what has me wondering is that My doctor has sent in all of my records for my surgery very detailed records of my surgery and the fact that I would be under a Doctors care requiring bed rest as well as limits as to what I can do and that I am needing assitance with daily hygine and dressing. I am glad I did not move out west as I would have missed the lettters. Any Idea on should I hand carry all of my Surgeons letters hospital notes and my most current MRI which shows that my is in just as bad of shape as it was prior to my surgery. I have been falling a good bit when my legs go out from under me. My left legs is loosing muscle mass and strenght. I am pissed as the reason I was moving was that I had more help with daily life there than I do here which is spotty at best.

I also asked my surgeon when he disgnosed me IVDS rather than DDD which the VA did last month. they had his notes and letters and Aid and attendance forms I do not want the VA saying afterwards that they did not have the information during the C/P exam. I have some concern that the same ratter is going to be the same one who has shafted me in the past. This is the same ratter who I had my case remanded back from BVA on 10 Cue issues. My wife is unable to take me so I will have to try and get another ride as the bus is not an option I am not able to drive myself the meds I take for my back me unable to drive myself. That was my issues for moving I jsut need more help and she is not able to loose any more work. Look forward to any thoughts and I am agian at the mercy of the VA which makes me uncomfortable as heck.. Adios...

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

oldman273 - personally I would hand carry copies of all of your doctors records, just in case, being sure to keep all originals, myself. I wouldn't count on the VA having them at the C&P exams. This may require you making multiple copies but it would be beneficial, at worst.

As for the ride you can contact the VAMC travel office for assistance w/that. They can setup the required rides but it will cost you any travel pay you might receive. Still, it's well worth it. You may want to review the exam sheets here, prior to going to the exams. I have NSC IVDS/DDD and when we did the ROM part, of the exam I did my best, which caused me about 3 days of bed rest, after the exam. In retrospect I wouldn't push my limits, next time. It cost me dearly. jmo

pr