VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Question

Rate this question

E-4 Marine

Question

Hi all,

My name is Oli and I am a Marine Corps Veteran. First of all, thank you to all the veterans and spouses on this site for your service and assistance to veterans. On October 2010, I requested my SMR from St. Louis to obtain records for my claim. After four months of following up with no luck and not receiving the records I called the VA in Jan 2011 and made an informal claim for hearing loss/tinnitus and chronic lower back pain.

In early February, I decided to take matters into my own hands and requested a copy of my C-file and luckily the records that I needed were in my C-file, so I was able to submit my claim via the DAV on FEB 22nd. I was surprised when I received a duty to assist letter on February 23rd that stated that a "medical examination has been scheduled” under the heading “what have we done.” On March 03rd, I received a letter that a C&P was scheduled. I called my DAV rep, who confirmed that it was for both hearing loss/tinnitus and chronic lower back pain. Went for my C&P on this past Friday, and they informed me that I was only scheduled for a C&P for the hearing loss/tinnitus. So I just wanted to know whether the VA usually schedules a C&P on different days as I was claiming two separate conditions, or was this an error on their part? Also is it a bad sign that a C&P has been scheduled for hearing and not for my back?

P.S. Five months later, still no SMR from ST. Louis.

Semper Fi,

Oli

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Larry you beat me to it-

Right there is no Dept of the USMC-

But I differ with what else you said.

I have to tell this in 2 separate posts.

The VA Chaplain read us a letter during a Chapel service which was sent home from a Marine who was out with a few other Marines somewhere in Europe and the Marines took on some verbal BS from members of another branch of service.

"I assure you Mom and Dad that I made sure these *%^&^%%$ wusses knew they were dealing with a REAL tough bunch of Marines and I told them they better apologise to us REAL fast or I would drive their sorry asses right out of town in a heartbeat."

the letter was signed

Your loving daughter ,Lorraine

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi all,

My name is Oli and I am a Marine Corps Veteran. First of all, thank you to all the veterans and spouses on this site for your service and assistance to veterans. On October 2010, I requested my SMR from St. Louis to obtain records for my claim. After four months of following up with no luck and not receiving the records I called the VA in Jan 2011 and made an informal claim for hearing loss/tinnitus and chronic lower back pain.

In early February, I decided to take matters into my own hands and requested a copy of my C-file and luckily the records that I needed were in my C-file, so I was able to submit my claim via the DAV on FEB 22nd. I was surprised when I received a duty to assist letter on February 23rd that stated that a "medical examination has been scheduled” under the heading “what have we done.” On March 03rd, I received a letter that a C&P was scheduled. I called my DAV rep, who confirmed that it was for both hearing loss/tinnitus and chronic lower back pain. Went for my C&P on this past Friday, and they informed me that I was only scheduled for a C&P for the hearing loss/tinnitus. So I just wanted to know whether the VA usually schedules a C&P on different days as I was claiming two separate conditions, or was this an error on their part? Also is it a bad sign that a C&P has been scheduled for hearing and not for my back?

P.S. Five months later, still no SMR from ST. Louis.

Semper Fi,

Oli

Sounds S.O.P. to me...

Best wishes for a successful outcome, Oli.

Cmdr. Bob

Hi everyone thanks for the feedback. When I sent in my initial request for SMR I sent it to Quantico, VA. I received a letter from Quantico that stated that they did not have my medical records and that they would request from St. Louis. Being diligent I also submitted a request to St.Louis. I then followed-up with a call and spoke with a rep who confirmed that my records were there and that they were working on obtaining my file. After six more calls in four months with the same response I finally gave up.

On another note, I spoke with VA and they confirmed that my C&P for my back has not been scheduled yet. I guess its back to the end of the line.

When I was discharged, they screwed up and I left the base with my original medical records. It didnt seem like a big deal at the time,however, I have kept them in a fire box since!

Hi everyone thanks for the feedback. When I sent in my initial request for SMR I sent it to Quantico, VA. I received a letter from Quantico that stated that they did not have my medical records and that they would request from St. Louis. Being diligent I also submitted a request to St.Louis. I then followed-up with a call and spoke with a rep who confirmed that my records were there and that they were working on obtaining my file. After six more calls in four months with the same response I finally gave up.

On another note, I spoke with VA and they confirmed that my C&P for my back has not been scheduled yet. I guess its back to the end of the line.