VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

American Legion

Rate this question

Guest fla_viking

Question

Guest fla_viking

Dear Fellow Veterans & Friends

got a letter from the American Legioin today saying they did not represent me because my recent CUE claim was decided at the RO level.

I got the AL washington DC letter when the BVA ruled atainst me. I have the BVA ruling right in fromt of me as I write this. On the face of the BVA ruling is. "REPRESENTAON, Moving party represented by: The American legion"

The American Legoni has been doing illegal claims representaton of vets claims for decades. Now they are trying to cover it up.

Terry Higgins.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Guest fla_viking

Dear Fellow Veterans & Friends.

I was re reading the Al letter on my CUE case before the BVA. Now I have already appealed to the court and my appeal is registered in the court. Now I read in this AL letter.

"A motion for reconsideraton based on Clear and Unmistakable evidence CUE was filed on your behalf at the regional level. For more details on that motion please contact your service officer at your regional office?

If Im reading this right. The AL now not only denys interlopiing on my BVA appeeal. It looks like the AL sent my case to the RO level by writting a brief to the St Pete RO trying to take away my right to appeal to the court.

Im not going to let the RO rule on my case. I am already up at the court level now. Have any of you had experences like this?

Terry Higgins

Guest jstacy

Terry, It is time to speak to an attorney who has legal experience in jurisdiction for representatives and false representation. It may to your benefit.

I had a similar problem with the AL they insulted me at an interview with my wife as witness.. I asked what the SPN code on my discharge meant and he responded "it means they dont want you anymore" Its RE 12 WHICH AFTER YEARS OF SEARCHING FOR A LIST OF DEFINITIONS MEANS RECCOMENDED FOR REENLISTMENT BY A GENERAL OFFICER!!!

It took 3 years of certified mail to get them off as my POA, they stink like a rotten fish

here In Washington State. I refer to them as "The American Lesion" B)

Arch

Guest fla_viking

Dear Fellow Veterans & Friends.

Last week by letter the American Legioin stated it had not represented me at the BVA. However I had on my BVA denial the the AL was the moving party on my BVA appeal.

Today the Al represnitive admited they did file a brief on my behalf at the BVA. He is going to send me a copy of it.

I will continue to pursue the issue of representaton wiithout notificaton or consulting with the veteran befpre the court..

Terry Higgins