VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Recommendations For Computer Chair...

Rate this question

maine1963

Question

Looking for recommendation for a computer chair. Going through the IL program and the counselor is all for it, but just wants me to suggest to him what I want.

I have had two lower back surgeries and a neck fusion as well. Would like a chair that reclines, has foot rest, heat and massage. Hoping that someone out there has been this route and has found a good chair.

Yes, I have searched and searched... but up close reviews from fellow Vets mean allot to me, to say the least!

Thanks,

Greg

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I thought that I would share my Counselors reply to some questions that I proposed to him. Indeed he is working closely with me and I feel confident that I will see great things that I never would have anticipated without his help.

*You see, not all counselors in this program are stubborn or rude when trying to help out Veterans.

Hi Greg,

It is good that you are thinking of what services and assistance will enable you to achieve/maintain independent in daily living through this program. And I am happy to help.

The guidance I've been given and can pass on is that we look for services and assistance related to daily living. In the past there was some blending of services related to hobbies and interests which has created a misconception of what may be attainable from this program. Additionally, while there is a cap of $25,000, that amount is rarely spent in providing assistance.

We work with coordinating programs to make sure all areas are covered - housing, transportation, medical, etc. As each case is unique, it is important to work through areas where it is felt that there is a need for assistance with independent living.

Here's what I understand is happening with your case in regards to services -

- You advise you have been approved for assistance with housing and automotive

- I've referred your request for home exercise equipment, bed, air purifier, and the lift recliner to medical services for review as these items are typically an area they would cover

- I am working with our computer vendors to identify supportive technology that will allow you means to access communication

We can certainly meet to discuss this program and review options. Please let me know if you have any upcoming appointment here at the Togus VA that we can coordinate around.