VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Closed, Waiting For Envelope Now

Rate this question

acesup

Question

According to the 800 number, my claim is closed and the letter is in the mail. As I figured, the rep wouldn't give me any clue as to whether or not it was favorable. There was something mentioned that makes me think one or more issues got deferred.

I guess I'll learn something soon, it surely won't be as long as it has been.

Just closed my IU claim yesterday and waiting for the letter in the mail. I looked on ebenefits but still the same 60% rating for PTSD. No sign of increase on VA letter generator. Should I be prepared to be denied or what? I filed this claim in September and just been waiting. Now, I feel like "closed claim" means denied. Does anyone now if that is true or not?

• Founder
On 1/8/2020 at 8:16 AM, Sharon Mamath said:

Just closed my IU claim yesterday and waiting for the letter in the mail. I looked on ebenefits but still the same 60% rating for PTSD. No sign of increase on VA letter generator. Should I be prepared to be denied or what? I filed this claim in September and just been waiting. Now, I feel like "closed claim" means denied. Does anyone now if that is true or not?

it does take awhile to get the letter, sometimes the retroactive pay hits the bank before the letter shows up. you can try generating a benefits letter and see what percentage it lists, you can do this through ebenefits.