VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

John999

Rate this topic

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

60%, and five 10% ratings. It was not until I got the one 60% rating and heard about Bradley that I filed for "S". The VA went back to the ED of my 60% single rating to award "S".

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks, John! I thought that's what you had. I'm having trouble finding cases that add up to the required 60%. So is your total rating, the 60% for TDIU plus the five 10% ratings, or do you have other ratings that cause the TDIU, plus the 60% and five 10% ratings??? Thanks again!

pr

60%, and five 10% ratings. It was not until I got the one 60% rating and heard about Bradley that I filed for "S". The VA went back to the ED of my 60% single rating to award "S".

• HadIt.com Elder

I have a 70% rating that got me TDIU in 2001. Later on I added some 10% ratings for various things. At last I got a single rating for 60%. What my rating after I got TDIU is is an extra 20% combined. I am rated a combined 90% now. It is confusing and makes little sense but it is VA math. So the VA took a TDIU total rating and added 5 10% ratings and a 60% rating and came up with combined rating of 90%. I am not even 100%. If I had hit 100% I think I might have missed out on "S".

• HadIt.com Elder

Okay, John, now I've got it. Once you got the TDIU, under Bradley, the 60% rating alone would have qualified you for the "s" award, as Bradley took care of the 100% or total rating. WAC-Vet75 really nailed it w/her latest find. The vet had TDIU and although very confusing the vet had 3 additional ratings that "added up, not combined, to 60%" and he was awarded the "s" award. Thanks again!

pr

I have a 70% rating that got me TDIU in 2001. Later on I added some 10% ratings for various things. At last I got a single rating for 60%. What my rating after I got TDIU is is an extra 20% combined. I am rated a combined 90% now. It is confusing and makes little sense but it is VA math. So the VA took a TDIU total rating and added 5 10% ratings and a 60% rating and came up with combined rating of 90%. I am not even 100%. If I had hit 100% I think I might have missed out on "S".

Okay, John, now I've got it. Once you got the TDIU, under Bradley, the 60% rating alone would have qualified you for the "s" award, as Bradley took care of the 100% or total rating. WAC-Vet75 really nailed it w/her latest find. The vet had TDIU and although very confusing the vet had 3 additional ratings that "added up, not combined, to 60%" and he was awarded the "s" award. Thanks again!

pr

I see what you are saying.. but I think it was just a fluke.. Consider the ratings for pulmonary conditions, and that veteans can't have seperate ratings for asthma, Copd, sleep apnea.. etc.. Yet I have found a few BVA cases where veterans have seperate ratings... Who is right who is wrong.... the problem is everyone reads the rules but have different understandings of what they mean.. I mean really.. there is only one Bible but look at how many different religions exist because people just can't agree on what the Bible really says... and just when you think you have an answer even the various va books are not consistent.