VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dm Ii Neuropathy With Neurologic Complication

Rate this question

Chu Lai69

Question

I am being treated at the VA for neuropathy of both feet and all toes. I went to a private Pod today because the VA in STL could not use their cutting tools yet because of being closed down for all medical procedures requiring any type of minor/major surgeries or anything that was done that they had to use a so called surgical tool i.e. clipping of toe nails and cutting off of calluses. Im sure you all have read or seen the stories on TV about this!! Anyway, I just could not wait any longer because of the pain in my feet was really getting intolerable so I went to a private POD. This was her diagnosis: My Neuropathy is caused by my DM. " DM II neuropathy with neurologic complications" Is this claimable as 2ndary to my DM?? Any help with this would be appreciated. Will be going back to VA POD soon as the all clear for surgeries etc have been activated again. Thanks in advance, as always.

Edited by Chu Lai69

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hello ,,,,, I would like to add something. I too have Peripheral Neuropathy of all 4 extremities but I DO NOT have Diabetes ...at least not yet. I have been 3 times to VA Neurology and to a Private Neurologist and all extremities diagnosed with PN. What I also want to bring up is that my immune system has been compromised and has caused numerous infections in my hands and feet . Some of these have required surgery and hospitalizations.

If you look at the post from Pete992 under the subject A List of Common Immune Disorder Just Passing On, from 3/6/2011 it shows Axonal and Neuronal Neuropathy and Demyelingating Neuropathies, as an Immune Disorder.

Ok, so this would be a another claims to file as Autoimmune Disorder.You will probably have to get an IMO from a private Doctor as the VA does not want to go there. I have tried that approach and run into a brick wall with the VA doctors. I do have it mentioned in one of my IMO's so hopefully I will be able to use this in my denial and appeals process. I would like to mention that a large number of our Veterans pass away because of the Autoimmune problems and the Veteran cannot just keep on fighting the infections. I will tell you that I am getting 1 or 2 serious infections a year and the VA is still not wanting to look at anything concerning my immune system. They will label it as Rheumatoid Artheritis or as my last infection this month, Acute Osteo Arthritis which is totally wrong. All the VA has to do is look at their own records from the past and can see that there is no Acute anything. So please watch out that the VA does not start this with your claims.

I have not been Service Connected so I am still waiting for the decisions. Oh yes I also have Ischemic Heart Disease and Atherosclerosis so that is also claimed and has led to a Malpractice FTCA lawsuit because of the heartattack which almost killed me and has left me permanently damaged. Berta understands this tactic the VA pulled on Rod and others such as myself. Not treating the Atherosclerosis or IHD or CAD or PAD. Its all the same and will eventually kill you. The VA just would rather not recognize it and let the Veteran just blow up. At some point I will also have an 1151 to Service connect me if I prevail in the FTCA. WHICH I WILL. There are so many Veterans that are dealing with the Chemical exposures diseases and so many that are mislead by the VA, so there are many diseases that are caused and secondary to them, that a Veteran will have other claims to check on and to file. There isn't anything easy about this so please remember,,,,,,,NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.