VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Stressor Is Getting In The Way Of Life

Rate this question

Question

Just want to vent - don't know what to do. I had an eye appointment today. My daughter usually goes with me,or if she cannot, another sister veteran steps in. Turns out neither one could go with me today, so I decided that I could do this.

Well, I was extremely anxious, but marched on. Everything fell apart when the technician walked in. I had a panic attack right in the office - the man looked exactly like my rapist.

I ran out and drove home. I was a mess - still am, although a little bit calmer.

I feel horrible. This man was just doing his job. I could not say what was wrong with me when they kept asking. I felt so ashamed and guilty.

When does it end?

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are taking xanax and clonazepam the VA won't like it. If you get pain meds from them they will have a cow. I see nothing wrong with xanax. The VA constantly tells me they think the fact I take clonazepam and narcotic pain meds is dangerous. Yeah, it is if you increase the dose way above and beyond what you should take.