VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hadit.com Postings On Googel Search

Rate this question

Guest fla_viking

Question

Guest fla_viking

Dear Fellow Veterans & Friends.

I was searching googel.com under Sonny Montgomery corrupton. and under court of veterans claims corrupton and there was on both listings postings I made about Sonney Montgomery here on hadit.

Does some one put them there or is what we write automaticly found a catigory and placed on googel?

What does one have to do to get our postings here on hadit listed under googel search?

I notice my How the VA gets away with it That is still listed in googel.

Terry Higgins

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• Founder

google crawls our site which means it goes thru the site and indexes our content on both the forum and the main site at http://www.hadit.com then if you are searching for something in google, hopefully our site will come up with relevant information. we get a lot of new visitors thru google. this isn't special to us google and all the search engines crawl the web indexing everything. it is a good thing B)

I found that by just putting my name in the search engine, posts from Hadit appeared. I found it a little unnerving at first, then I realized I'm not writing anything that I would not want others to read.

Pearl

Pearl -I was googled -well they googled hadit and then found me-and I was actually pressured for some money by someone because they lurked at hadit for a long time and thought I was getting paid to be here-

I went to the State Police with that problem and it got fixed.

This was not the only incident I had -all due to being googleable-

Funny thing is I used to post my full name here and there are lots of people with my same name-

and I got weird email from people thinking I was someone else-

But as you say- it is unnerving yet there are very few people out there targeting people at web sites like this-

One vets org had a lot of trouble in the past because of a problem like this-

There are individuals with nothing better to do or who perceive some way to get something from someone

and look for a target rich environment.One that reveals when someone receives money-

they dont care that the money is service compensation-

but I dont feel we should in any way care about being at google-

For many many vets I do believe this is how they find hadit.

Guest allanopie

>But as you say- it is unnerving yet there are very few people out there targeting people at web sites like this

I congratulated "Time", on an win not long ago. Some folks thought I won my claim. For several weeks following, my email box, postal box & telephone were loaded with, "send me the money" offers.

I recieve multiple, daily emails, with attachments of images or .exe files, zip files etc, that contain virus's. Theres nothing in the text body & always a different name & email address. No, I don't open any of them.

If you post online boards, your name will show up on many searches. This is why i've posted under multiple member names in the past.

IF, my VA claim is ever fully processed & granted, I have my own list of those I need to remember.

Congratulations Pearl! Get some rest. The war with the VA will always be there.

Berta, there always seems to be someone out there trying to get over on someone else. I'm glad you got it straightened out.

Allan, I guess all these supposed charities have found another way to get to us. Thanks for the well wish. You're right, I believe the fight is never quite over with the VA.

Pearl