VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Psych Evaluation

Rate this question

jhman

Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Is the VBA sending your for a PTSD C&P exam or is this something your VA doctor is doing? Have you filed a claim for PTSD? Unless you file a claim for PTSD this exam is not going to result in a rating for PTSD.

Oh, Yes this is the just my VA doctor and no I have not filed a claim. Currently I am sc for airborne injuries in military. I took this test on the myvet web site because of so much of the things I have dealt with for years and it referred me to contact my doctor for further eval. I never knew about this PTSD until the recent exposure of more vets coming out with problems from war. Gues Ill wait and see what my eval says, not sure about claim? Thank you!!

Is the VBA sending your for a PTSD C&P exam or is this something your VA doctor is doing? Have you filed a claim for PTSD? Unless you file a claim for PTSD this exam is not going to result in a rating for PTSD.

• HadIt.com Elder

it sounds like your primary care doc is referring you to mental health and they will be the ones to determine if you have PTSD or not, it is not normally done in one visit I spent 4 months in the PTSD determination team taking tests and doing interviews with shrinks and PHDs and the resident did several of those computer type tests before they made the diagnosis of PTSD only then did I file the claim with the Regional office some will say file the claim and by the time the C&P gets scheduled you will have your diagnosis

Thank you testvet! That helps me alot!

it sounds like your primary care doc is referring you to mental health and they will be the ones to determine if you have PTSD or not, it is not normally done in one visit I spent 4 months in the PTSD determination team taking tests and doing interviews with shrinks and PHDs and the resident did several of those computer type tests before they made the diagnosis of PTSD only then did I file the claim with the Regional office some will say file the claim and by the time the C&P gets scheduled you will have your diagnosis

If your questionaire answers leads more towards a possible diagnosis of PTSD then put in a claim for it. If the Psych Dr gives you this Diagnosis and you have a nexus/contributing factors that signify this is you are one step ahead. So if you have the problems, and the diag, and the Dr wants repeated counseling you have your claim in to see if it warrants a granted % award. Put the claim in especially if your doc is setting you up for an exam for it. Be early rather than late.

Thanks so much, God Bless!

If your questionaire answers leads more towards a possible diagnosis of PTSD then put in a claim for it. If the Psych Dr gives you this Diagnosis and you have a nexus/contributing factors that signify this is you are one step ahead. So if you have the problems, and the diag, and the Dr wants repeated counseling you have your claim in to see if it warrants a granted % award. Put the claim in especially if your doc is setting you up for an exam for it. Be early rather than late.