VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Psych Evaluation

Rate this question

jhman

Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hello testvet, thought you might know alittle of whats next?

I went to a va psyche this week, according to them at the end of our session they told me I meet the criteria for ptsd, anxiety, depression from service and possible childhood trauma. I filed a claim, my question is do i go for a c and p or will they go with what the va doctor says?The regional rep said they put it on a fast claim thing, I should fill out some paper work and send back? On meds and have sessions they have scheduled me for months now.. Thanks for any input.

quote name='Testvet' timestamp='1301885961' post='240636']

it sounds like your primary care doc is referring you to mental health and they will be the ones to determine if you have PTSD or not, it is not normally done in one visit I spent 4 months in the PTSD determination team taking tests and doing interviews with shrinks and PHDs and the resident did several of those computer type tests before they made the diagnosis of PTSD only then did I file the claim with the Regional office some will say file the claim and by the time the C&P gets scheduled you will have your diagnosis

I believe you must have a PTSD C&P exam by a VA examiner, unless they've changed the rules. There is a wealth of information on the site home page related to PTSD claims, read all you can about this mental disorder. Start writing down the questions as they come then post your questions right here on hadit, you will get responses. By the way Welcome Home!

I believe you must have a PTSD C&P exam by a VA examiner, unless they've changed the rules. There is a wealth of information on the site home page related to PTSD claims, read all you can about this mental disorder. Start writing down the questions as they come then post your questions right here on hadit, you will get responses. By the way Welcome Home!

Thanks pigdriver, its been a long road. God bless.