VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question .....

Rate this question

VetsLady

Question

Here's a question that is stirring around my brain .......

My husband is part of the AO Nehmer claim issues and yes, he does have heart disease.

VA sent him out for a QTC exam but we have not yet heard anything on this yet.

He was recently hospitalized while we were in another state on an emergency basis and we

found out via the EKG that was done in the ER that he had suffered a prior heart attack .....

the ER doctor called it a "Silent Ishemic Event"

Backing up a bit, VA re-opened his hypertension claim from long ago and we know it's going to

be denied as VA says there is no new evidence in the C-file and didn't list the hypertension as

part of his original appeal long ago. AND, they say ...... we have to PROVE the hypertension is

related to the DM2 that is a direct connection to the AO exposure and he is already sc for.

My question is ..... and, perhaps I already have it figured out (maybe) ....... the hypertension re-open is

dated August 2010, the AO IHD claim is May 2010. My thought is the hypertension is going to be denied

as the IHD preceeds it as far as a medical condition goes.

Am I making any sense or is it just a jumbled mess in my already jumbled brain ?

eeek !

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

If a doctor can document that his hypertension is directly due to his IHD,with a full medical rationale , then the VA will service connect it to his IHD-if they SC the IHD.

Edited by Berta