VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Smc Housebound & Va Appointments

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Mike S

Was making your appointments at the VA the only reason they denied housebound? It is a bogus reason. I don't even think many at the VA understand the concept of HB. I don't even know why they consider someone with total plus 60% to be housebound.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike S

Was making your appointments at the VA the only reason they denied housebound? It is a bogus reason. I don't even think many at the VA understand the concept of HB. I don't even know why they consider someone with total plus 60% to be housebound.

They also said that I admitted to going to the store once a month and that I try to go to a gym. Neither is true and refers to the past where I failed to go to the store "without incident" with my wife once a month and I failed to go to the gym (2 years ago) "without incident".

It looks like my RO sees no correlation between "agoraphobia" and "housebound".

Gotta write up a real "legal" NOD.

Thanks,

Mike S.

• 4 weeks later...

This sounds like classic "catch 22": You cant get housbound without medical evidence. Since VA docs dont do housecalls, you cant get the evidence if you are housebound. If you make an appointment and show up, then you are not housebound so it is denied.

• HadIt.com Elder

You can request the VA to provide medical service which would include house calls by nurses and aides.

I agree with John to be frank I have S and I get around more than you do. Having someone taKE YOU TO APPOINTMENTS IS IMPORTANT IF YOU CAN DO IT.

• HadIt.com Elder

They've been using that same sh*t against me, so good luck. A statement from your shrink stating that "your PTSD keeps/kept you from leaving the house. to go to work" would certainly help.

The BVA requested that they ask that of my examiner but she wouldn't "speculate." We'll see if it gets remanded again.

pr