VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Eligible For Gwi?

Rate this question

Yancy

Question

I've been diagnosed and rated for IBS at 30%. I've been diagnosed with GERD which has caused severe inflammation of my esophagus, stomach, duodenum and some in my colon. I've recently been diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, and sleep apnea for which I now wear a CPAP. I haven't been able to work due to the fatigue, anxiety and IBS. Is it possible that I can claim these other conditions (other than IBS) as due to my service in Desert Storm? I've actually been ICD9'd as having service in the Persian Gulf. But I show none of these conditions in my SMR's. I would greatly appreciate a response! All of the VSO's, to include their supervisor, aren't well scripted in Gulf War Sydnrome here which has me pretty frustrated.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Yancy,

I wanted to chime in here, I was diagnosed with Severe Depression, Anxiety, Sleep Apnea, and a number of other ailments. I recently retired in Oct 2010 and I visited a Psychiatrist 3 months before retiring, my illness went undiagnosed for over 3-4 years that is including the sleep apnea, depression and anxiety. I went to my C & P exam and I was honest with the Doctors, I take everything from Lunesta sleeping pills to Zoloft for my depresson. I guess what I am trying to say is, claim what ever you feel is wrong with you and worry about the service connection later. I bet somewhere in you medical records you went to sick call for a particular illness and that illness probably went untreated for a number of years and that probably caused you to have more problems. Stick with this site and ask every question you may have, I had no clue about theVA until I came across this website. I can honestly say, because of this website and with the help of putting my ear to ground and listennnig to folks talk is what got me 100% my first time around. The most important thing is to take care of yourself, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE continue to get the help you need.

vet2010

Thank you vet2010 very much for the heart-felt response. I'll definitely take your advice! Thank you very much!