VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long Since Dro Hearing And Waiting For Decision?

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

How long since DRO hearing and waiting for decision?

I have about 6 issues in my claim, in appeals.

For me, 4 months almost exactly. (DRO hearing Dec. 8, 2010) (they sent me my SOC january 28, 2011, the SOC was for 3 issues).

No decision for 3 issues.

Those that are stil denied go onto BVA for decision.

I had an poll type thread in which I asked how many on appeal, but that question was a little different, and that was in the research area of these forums....

How long for those of you that had a DRO hearing, and yet to get a decision? and how long have the wait been?

Edited by retiredat44

• Answers 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I only received an soc (Jan. 2011) (says these items remain denied) for :

4)depression

5)myotonic dystrophy

retired - if you still disagree with the above 2 issues being denied have you filed

a form 9 - Appeal to BVA ?

retired - if you still disagree with the above 2 issues being denied have you filed

a form 9 - Appeal to BVA ?

yes, that form was filed a long while ago,, I think at least 1 year ago,, all the issues that get denied are moving to BVA.. the form was officially submitted by my vso a long while back...

I just don't understand why the first 3 issues I never got an SOC... I can't get a straight answer,, so I suppose since I never got an soc, that means they have not denied those 3? They are in limbo waiting for a decision by the dro?

I forgot one condition,,, add left knee to last three that were denied.. (total of 6..)

Edited by retiredat44

yes, that form was filed a long while ago,, I think at least 1 year ago,, all the issues that get denied are moving to BVA.. the form was officially submitted by my vso a long while back...

retired,

I don't quite see how you filed the Form 9 for an appeal at the BVA

when you just got the SOC in Jan 2011.

Maybe others will chime in.

retired,

I don't quite see how you filed the Form 9 for an appeal at the BVA

when you just got the SOC in Jan 2011.

Maybe others will chime in.

the vso filled out the form for the bva hearing long before the dro hearing... long before it, and also, asked for video conference on the form,, later, I asked for the dro hearing..... the dro hearing came first,,, and lef tit in place and re-stated the fact to make sure it didn't fal through the cracks...

the vso said that since they taped me at the dro hearing, there will be no need for a video tape hearing and the BVA will use the tape from the dro hearing hearing..

I told this forum about all this several times...

the vso filled out the form for the bva hearing long before the dro hearing... long before it, and also, asked for video conference on the form,, later, I asked for the dro hearing..... the dro hearing came first,,, and lef tit in place and re-stated the fact to make sure it didn't fal through the cracks...

the vso said that since they taped me at the dro hearing, there will be no need for a video tape hearing and the BVA will use the tape from the dro hearing hearing..

I told this forum about all this several times...

Update: VSO says she has no idea how long it will take.. for the DRO decision to come..

She returned my call and talked to my wife... says she has no idea... there are a whole bunch of vets wanting to know and she just does not know.. a while back she said she used to say. 'maybe 8 months' .. but, she no longer tells people because she just does not know

There have to be different claim issues involved -

from all the stuff you've posted I have a strong feeling some of your issues

are still at the RO level and some are at the BVA level.