VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long Since Dro Hearing And Waiting For Decision?

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

How long since DRO hearing and waiting for decision?

I have about 6 issues in my claim, in appeals.

For me, 4 months almost exactly. (DRO hearing Dec. 8, 2010) (they sent me my SOC january 28, 2011, the SOC was for 3 issues).

No decision for 3 issues.

Those that are stil denied go onto BVA for decision.

I had an poll type thread in which I asked how many on appeal, but that question was a little different, and that was in the research area of these forums....

How long for those of you that had a DRO hearing, and yet to get a decision? and how long have the wait been?

Edited by retiredat44

• Answers 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

To retiredat44, I understand your frustration and you are not alone. Contrary to common beliefs, in general, the staff at VBA are hard workers and they are held to production standards and have to complete a certain amount of cases (issues) per day and they are required to work cases based on the date of the claim, so if your claim is date December 2010 and mine is November 2010, my case should be worked first (whether I have ringing in my ears and you have a life threatening illness). As far as your local VBA, San Diego, their appeals are obviously backed up and it is my understanding that they are working cases from January 2010 or 2 years back. I would suggest writing a letter to your congressman briefly informing him about the facts of your case (timeline), your conditions, quality of life..once VBA gets notification from your congressman, your case will become a priority. As far as your knee, even if you have tons of records showing you have an knee condition or any condition for that matter, VBA has to assess your current level fo functioning, thats why they ordered an exam for your knee. They want to see how your knee condition affects you now (range of motion, pain, scars...). Hope this helps. Keep your head up!

I am very very curious, how do you know, or told what year and month they are currently working on?

I am not asking for personal info or names, just generally, I mean was it deduction, a printed fact? etc..

thanx..

To retiredat44, I understand your frustration and you are not alone. Contrary to common beliefs, in general, the staff at VBA are hard workers and they are held to production standards and have to complete a certain amount of cases (issues) per day and they are required to work cases based on the date of the claim, so if your claim is date December 2010 and mine is November 2010, my case should be worked first (whether I have ringing in my ears and you have a life threatening illness). As far as your local VBA, San Diego, their appeals are obviously backed up and it is my understanding that they are working cases from January 2010 or 2 years back...........

In my cases, my VSO at the VARO went to the DRO (how many acronyms in one sentence???) and asked. Right now, he said they (ATL) were working early 2008 cases. Mine is a Feb 2008 case, and my VSO was confident (by conversation with DRO) it would be reviewed very soon.

ok, it's very difficult to figure which stack at which stage is moved from one place to another, whether it's nod, dro, appeal, review...

and I appreciate info to help me understand where things are,, but

I just wanted to show people that if I find a way to kick them in the ass I will, after all they deserve it..

IMHO

here is my Youtube rant about the VA Claims...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_O7vrp95To&feature=g-upl

I sent my representative from the house of Representatives, Congressman Darrell Issa, through his website, a note inquiring about my claim and appeals taking so long..

It will go the the person in his staff who handles Veterans Issues. I told him I had already filed and asked for hardship due to my very bad health issues...

Not sure if it will help, but it's done..

I gave everyone more than enough time and more than enough evidence... it's time for action..

I appreciate everyone's help here.

Steven

today I have to give them a freedom of information letter signed by me so they can investigate the V.A. claims, since they are only a few short blocks from me, I will Just hand deliver my letter to the congressman's office. The I know it get's there... pronto... I had enough...

I had a small breakdown today.... it was another horrible day... I ended up feeling better later today.. Ic an't sleep, I hav enightmares, and my muscles contract and twist, in agony, mostly in my left leg and foot... my urine is shwoing signs of something wrong... the pancreas feels swollen, and I eat a little when I can... chicken broth helps me a lot..