VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssd And Tdiu Does One Help Other

Rate this question

willie 74

Question

I was originally SC for 80%. I put in a claim for TDIU at that time and was denied. The one year time period has passed. I put a claim in for depression and got 50% which pushed me up to 90%. I was awarded SSD baised off of my SC disablities. they dated it back from my discharge the same time I got my 80% rating. Will it be to late to file for this?Will this help me with the TDIU chances? I filled out the TDIU paperwork and sent it in with the SSD award letter. I am pretty sure I asked this before but just wanted to see if anyone else had the same expirience.

IVDS-40%

Bladder-40%

Tinnitus-10%

Gerd-10%

Cubital Tunnel-10%

Sciatica-10%

Major depression-50%

Edited by willie 74

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, it does and no it doesn't help one another. It should help, provided it's for the same conditions, but the VA sometimes, probably more often than not, ignores it and sends you to appeal hell, anyway, as a delaying technique. jmo

pr

I was originally SC for 80%. I put in a claim for TDIU at that time and was denied. The one year time period has passed. I put a claim in for depression and got 50% which pushed me up to 90%. I was awarded SSD baised off of my SC disablities. they dated it back from my discharge the same time I got my 80% rating. Will it be to late to file for this?Will this help me with the TDIU chances? I filled out the TDIU paperwork and sent it in with the SSD award letter. I am pretty sure I asked this before but just wanted to see if anyone else had the same expirience.

IVDS-40%

Bladder-40%

Tinnitus-10%

Gerd-10%

Cubital Tunnel-10%

Sciatica-10%

Major depression-50%

I was MI in the Army from 1979 to 1989 with a TS SBIG W/SCI then I came down with schizophrenic/PTSD they taking away my clearance for and put me on KP for six months intill my ets date came then I went to the VA hosp near by and sing up with DAV that was back in Feb 1990 for ten yrs I was off meds and no moeny work over twenty jobs just to be told get loss and tried to kill my shelf three time before then on the fourth my brother and his wife taking me in and got me on SSDI were i was told i had my disorders that was Nov 2000 been on meds from then on. I am at 30% I am trying to get my TDIU for a 100% i been in the nut hosp three time in that past ten yrs 1990 to 2000 I had two pet scanned showing my GAF in about 31%(what that?) before i join the Army i was tested for a IQ. I have a IQ of 136 and ask if i want to go to west point by my Co i was a PVT2/E-2 that was 1980.

I been on SSDI from 2002 on and hoping some one can tell me the same about tdiu if so will be ably to get it and will they go back to my started date of feb 1990?

I hope you hear from them very soon as you deserve a more than fair chance.

I was MI in the Army from 1979 to 1989 with a TS SBIG W/SCI then I came down with schizophrenic/PTSD they taking away my clearance for and put me on KP for six months intill my ets date came then I went to the VA hosp near by and sing up with DAV that was back in Feb 1990 for ten yrs I was off meds and no moeny work over twenty jobs just to be told get loss and tried to kill my shelf three time before then on the fourth my brother and his wife taking me in and got me on SSDI were i was told i had my disorders that was Nov 2000 been on meds from then on. I am at 30% I am trying to get my TDIU for a 100% i been in the nut hosp three time in that past ten yrs 1990 to 2000 I had two pet scanned showing my GAF in about 31%(what that?) before i join the Army i was tested for a IQ. I have a IQ of 136 and ask if i want to go to west point by my Co i was a PVT2/E-2 that was 1980.

I been on SSDI from 2002 on and hoping some one can tell me the same about tdiu if so will be ably to get it and will they go back to my started date of feb 1990?

IVDS-40%

Bladder-40%

Tinnitus-10%

Gerd-10%

Cubital Tunnel-10%

Sciatica-10%

Major depression-50%

My county service rep told me the other day that a new law was passed and that the two agencies have to take the other into account. Now if that is true or not I am not sure but he has not lied to me before. I just applied for ssdi so I guess I will find out.

Edited by conserve