VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C/p Exam Got The Facts Wrong Need Advice

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

I have had it with the lot of C/P exam people here in my area. I just got the C/P exam notes from my Increase request for Migraines secondary to SC Hypertension. I had my wife go with me and the Folks there did it again. I have my wife as witness if that helps but the C/P exam person stated I had had Hypertension/ migraines since I was 17 years old. Needless to say I have to correct this as my documented hypertension and Migraines were while I was on active duty. I was around 21 at the time. Any ideas I have an appointment this week with my Neurologist this week. I am rated 30% but here in the last 4 months I have been on oxygen which has cut down my trips to the ER except when I have to get the injections. Any ideas All of my case history for hypertension is well documented and here goes this person trying to hose me in a C/P exam. Again thanks I have the appointment and had thought about going down to records and see if I could make a statement or have my response put into the records along with my wifes. I thank you all for any thoughts on this but I feel like I am going to change hospitals. Have a good day

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

The best way to rebutt a C&P exam is to get your own IOM/IME. For many years I depended (stupidly) on C&P exams to get increases. I have many C&P exams over the years. They are full of mistakes, prejudicial statements, lies, and pure BS. When I got real medical reports from IMO doctors who knew how to write a report I jumped from 30% to 70% within a year. I had been at 10% for 20 years even with much evidence of symptoms that supported a 30-50% rating. When I got 30% I should have got 50%. When I got 70% I should have gotten 100%. The VA consistently low balled me. Now I have 90% TDIU. It only took 30 years.

Thanks i did the same thing recently and went to my surgeon who wrote that Pain would drive my hypertenion higher than normal common sense we all know but the VA had it in writing. I have not heard their ruling but I am sure they will screw it up and my claim will go to the BVA to rott. If you got any nuggets of wisdom I can lay it out in A PM I have good evidence just how to word it is hanging me up. Thanks for the advice..