VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Do You Think My % May Be

Rate this question

bjwestern

Question

I finally received the Draft Narsum, I was just hoping for some input from you guys since you have been here before. My 2 Medically unacceptable things are PTSD, Lumber spondylosis, Failed back syndrome. I had 2 back surgeries within the past 1 1/2 and my spine is still not fused together (25%), theyalso replaced 3 disc. I have other little issues but Im not concerned with them. Do you guys think that with the Diagnosis below plus my back I will be medically retired. Ive got 12 years in and 2 depolyments

axis1: PTSD-309.81

axis2: none-799.9

axis3: refer to medical

axis4:moderate-severe(pain, familial, occupational, health, transition

axisV: 55

I would appreciate any feedback, I a little nervous. Dont like the idea of my future out of my hands so to say

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I finally received the Draft Narsum, I was just hoping for some input from you guys since you have been here before. My 2 Medically unacceptable things are PTSD, Lumber spondylosis, Failed back syndrome. I had 2 back surgeries within the past 1 1/2 and my spine is still not fused together (25%), theyalso replaced 3 disc. I have other little issues but Im not concerned with them. Do you guys think that with the Diagnosis below plus my back I will be medically retired. Ive got 12 years in and 2 depolyments

axis1: PTSD-309.81

axis2: none-799.9

axis3: refer to medical

axis4:moderate-severe(pain, familial, occupational, health, transition

axisV: 55

I would appreciate any feedback, I a little nervous. Dont like the idea of my future out of my hands so to say

PLEASE, every issue you have you need to be concern with it now. no, matter how small, especially if you are still on active duty. Get check-out and start making a copy of your medical records.

If you ar medical re-tired will you be a 100% disable from VA.

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit. Your medical evaluation should get you a medical retirement but I don;t know how the Military looks at this.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

The thing I don't know is if you would get over 30% and military retirement pension or just medical discharge with pay. Either way you will probably get more from the VA when and if you get 100%. You have 2 conditions the military says are the reasons you can't stay in the AF. That is all they consider and rate you on for military retirement. I don't know the AF criteria for those disabilites. Somebody here does.

Thanks for the feedback, I must have skipped over entering my rank when I set up the account, no way Im a E-2. Oh well got to letgo of the rank at some point. I have put in claims for all the other little things only reason I said I wasnt concerned with them is cause right now Im only concerned with getting retired. I like this website alot it has great information. Glad I stumbled upon it.

The PEB forum suggests that the Draft Narsum can be amended if it is not accurate.

http://www.pebforum.com/f92/errors-ommisions-narsum-13352/

This link also has a lot of info:

http://www.wpwoundedwarriormentorprogram.com/content/view/472/62/

Thanks for the feedback, I must have skipped over entering my rank when I set up the account, no way Im a E-2. Oh well got to letgo of the rank at some point. I have put in claims for all the other little things only reason I said I wasnt concerned with them is cause right now Im only concerned with getting retired. I like this website alot it has great information. Glad I stumbled upon it.

ha Ha! The E-2 means on here that you are a newbee and you only have 2 posts! The more post you make to help others and yourself will bring your rankings up!

Another poster a while back was upset that the owner of the site uses Navy terms for ranking? T-Bird the owner of the site set it up that way so no big deal!

Again welcome to Hadit!!