VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Will The Va Pay Back Pay If It Is Over Twenty Years Of Back Pay

Rate this question

crowell98335

Question

I Was in the US Army from June 1979 to April 1989 got to the rank of Sgt(P) when i was hit with a AR 15 and depromonted to SP4/E-4 then was told I have some thing was worng with me i was acting diffent (Ten years later i will fine out it was schizophrenic/PTSD was with me) my MOS was 96b10(that is Milltary Intelligence Anallyst to you who dont know it) at the time of my ETS i have three gcm, two arcom in told i could wear a three row of three I was with the 2nd Bn of the 502nd Inf AASLT of the101ST ABN AASLT most of my time in. I had a TS SBIG with a SCI clearance and the last nine months of my time in I was on KP they didnt know what to do with me.

Now you know about me here is my question is if i do get the holly thing of iu at 100%( I am at 30% for my ankles) will the VA back date the pay ie reto the 100% to Feb 09, 1990 when I first put in my claim in and been having a open claim from then on that is over twenty years of back pay ie over $600,000.00 dolars if so that with them mis the pay they all ready gave me inclued? And will I need a payee? If so can it be my wife who been with me from Sept 1979? If not why so? And if they pay for dep will they ie VA pay for my wife even if she is the main bread winner now and my four dau I have also even if they are now over twenty years old?

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

but i was told the VA don't think my mental condition is done by the Army but i had it before I went it in that was there reson befor for the delay. Now my qustion is I been waitting from April 19 to now for that second signatury from one person my file has been at the on that person desk from March 03, 2011 How long I have wait intill I get that second signatury?

• HadIt.com Elder

the VA has no time limits and it can still be reviewed and sent back not to bust your bubble but even denials have to be "approved" I would not be looking at new houses or new cars or pickups anytime in the near future nothing with the VA is guaranteed and believe nothing until the money is deposited I like things in writing and have never trusted anything anyone ever told me from the govt and I have really learned to trust them after I get the money

good luck but something tells me you still have a lot of fight before you see a check for 673,000 dollars from the VA

• HadIt.com Elder

Your claim for TDIU has been in appeals for 20 years? Well, if it has been open and in appeals you can't file a CUE. When is the last time you sent in evidence of being unemployable? Have you been unemployed for the last 20 years? Do you get SSD? If you get a denial this time or low ball you better hire a good lawyer. The VA won't turn over 600,000 bucks without a fight. I know some Nehmer vets have got huge amounts but that does not include a 20 year old TDIU claim. Where has it been for the last 20 years? Has it just sat at the VARO?

yes i did but i keep the thing going by reflieing with new stuff

crow,

"reflieing with new stuff" is probably going to bring in

different effective dates.

If you are LUCKY - you may end up with some staged ratings.

I would also agree to NOT BANK ON $600K.

JMHO

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, you have a claim on appeal for five years and then send in one piece of new evidence and they grant your appeal and base the effective date on the day they got the new evidence. They did this to me. My claim was on appeal since 1997 and I won after going to the BVA and getting a remand and then being denied again. I sent in one more piece of evidence after all that and I won a higher rating with ED as of 2001. The thing was on appeal for five years with trips up the line to the BVA and back. The VA is sneaky.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, you have a claim on appeal for five years and then send in one piece of new evidence and they grant your appeal and base the effective date on the day they got the new evidence. They did this to me. My claim was on appeal since 1997 and I won after going to the BVA and getting a remand and then being denied again. I sent in one more piece of evidence after all that and I won a higher rating with ED as of 2001. The thing was on appeal for five years with trips up the line to the BVA and back. The VA is sneaky.

Sneaky Bastards