VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Yet Another Horror Story

Rate this question

Po'Boy

Question

Well, its been a month since my C&P exam for a re-rate for PTSD. My treating doc told me to put in for 100% and wrote a letter to the C&P examiner saying I was unemployable and needed my meds to make it thru the day. The exam was 15 min away (Loch Raven) from the hosp.(Balto.) and as of this writing; the report has not made the 15 mile electronic journey to the main regional hosp. or office. (I have been @70% for 17 yrs). After no word and feeling wholly ancy, I called my VA rep here in Md and she had no info for me. I called 202-565-5436 and got a HUMAN who stated that I needed to call Wilmington,DE for more info. She also suggested the (dont laugh) 18008271000 number. I am a MD resident,not DE. She furthered her statement by telling me I have NO claims open. (I have two-one I already had a C&P for). After explaining that I dont live in DE, the rep acted annoyed (as if I dont know what state Im in) and said I need to call the 800 number again. After a call to my rep from Maryland she assured me my paperwork was in state at least. What I did not know is that a "rater" can supercede the opinion of Phd's w/30 plus yrs of VA experience. I have never met any "raters" and only pursued this on the reccomendation of my long time treating doc. So now I sit, wondering where my paperwork really is, and how some "rater" is going to override my treating docs diagnosis. Why is it we have no where to turn? The DS login requires a trip to the regional office which for me is a 3 hr drive-great when gas is 4.00 a gallon. I dont know what to do or where to turn as the right hand doesnt know what the left is doing and my rep just keeps telling me to wait....it usually takes about a year. I am beginning to think I shouldnt have started this process as I am now a bundle of overworked nerves. Out of all this I will say I guess I did it to myself (enlisting) and I need to shut up and take what they dish out. What a mess.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

A watched pot never boils applies double to VA in my opinion. Go fishing and dig your own worms.