VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Benefits Timetable

My claim has been with the rating board since November on a re-consideration claim, was in development only for 1 month. I went through many episodes of spewing forth my frustrations here and elsewhere on this issue. After numerous IRIS, daily then reduced to once a month calls to the 800# I finally have faced realty-it will take a very, very long time. No one can predict, or even cares from the VA stand point when it will happen. Checking E-benefits 3-4 times, calling the DAV, even attempting to call the regional office has also proven a waste of time.

Times have changed. All the previously dates of how long it will take to get your claim decided no longer are valid. One of these days our claims will be decided, when we least expect it that letter approving or declining your claim will hit the mail box with hopefully a large reto check. Remember, if they decided your claim, you will get a much bigger retro check that goes back to the date your claim went it.

Find a good hobby to take your mind off this subject. I read quite a lot, have also adopted an animal from the humane society that loves to take long walks. This is great as now I'M getting a little exercise as well.

Edited by COOL BREEZE

Why should you be different??? The rules apply to all. No offense, but you knew about the rules, or should have, when you entered the service and now you think they should change it, just because you think so. Why not work to get it changed, if you feel that strongly, instead of just b*tching about it. jmo - I do sorta agree about all the deadlines "we have" but the VA doesn't. The country is

losing 18 a day to suicide . . . just think how much they've

saved already!!! They have never cared about veterans

and probably never will. Just keep up the good fight cuz

you earned every bit you get!!!! again, jmo

pr

Well here I go again about to put my foot in my mouth... ;) I'm going to assume you are talking to me. I have to say im

not good at being very tactful, and this being all written not

face to face i want uou to know i am not saying this with

any malice. First off I don't get a gi bill so when I said me I

ment veterans in general. I most certanitly do not

remember any recruiter or paperwork saying what

happens/deadlines about when you get out.

Second as for doing something about it. I have written to

my senator about the issues I have troubles accepting. And

maybe when my four young children are grown and I am not so wrapped up in taking care of them I probably will

step up and do more. Not my time and place right now. But

maybe someone who cam and would beable to do more

might act on my b-tching and complaining. Anyways for

the record I think the va people in general do care, and are

doing the best they can. But the system stinks and has no accountability. I will try to be more upbeat

and positive. Im sorry for being a downer. But I was genuinely asking am I the only one

bothered or idoes everyone have a better understanding

of why the veterans benifits would be limited by time except for the fact that it makes it harder to prove that it is

service related. We do have to many veterans dying and I

just don't think deDlines on us help anyone. But I could be wrong. Like I said just asking.

Edited by Mama Bear

I hear ya CB. I also have a reconsideration claim in since June. One more week it'll be one fricken year! BUT thats not all! It's still in the DEVELOPMENT STAGE!! The sad part is it's been sitting idle since Aug. So what can I do? Nothing I can do. Calling my Congressman will only delay it further. Sending remarks on IRIS will just get another reply saying their backlogged. If they took just a little bite out of it would satisfy me alot. But then again, I alway's said I'm in it for the long run. I should just keep reminding myself it isn't as if I never thought this would happen. ha

I hear ya CB. I also have a reconsideration claim in since June. One more week it'll be one fricken year! BUT thats not all! It's still in the DEVELOPMENT STAGE!! The sad part is it's been sitting idle since Aug. So what can I do? Nothing I can do. Calling my Congressman will only delay it further. Sending remarks on IRIS will just get another reply saying their backlogged. If they took just a little bite out of it would satisfy me alot. But then again, I alway's said I'm in it for the long run. I should just keep reminding myself it isn't as if I never thought this would happen. ha

I was so excited when my claim went from development to decision in one month I was doing the happy dance, doing some seriously window shopping,. Now its like someone let the helium out of a balloon, completely deflated, and so depressed. All I can do now is try to comfort the new folks complaining about the length of time it takes to get the claims decided, just like I did. And if and when it gets approved then I'll be a happy camper What state is your claim in-mine is in AZ and I hear they are concentrating on agent orange claims, everything else has been set aside till those VETS get there claims decided. I hate to be in their shoes, too long of a wait.

Times have changed. All the previously dates of how long it will take to get your claim decided no longer are valid.

CB,

In the past as now, the VBA has stated several places something like

Average Days for claims XX-XX.

In the past it was BS - and currently it remains BS.

Nothing more than VBA propaganda that relates to the few claims

adjudicated in a timely manner.