VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Benefits Timetable

I hear ya CB. I also have a reconsideration claim in since June. One more week it'll be one fricken year!

cooter,

The claim above - are there any issues involved that you should submit a NOD on

prior to the one year expiration ?

Requesting reconsideration is not sufficient nor a substitute, for a timely NOD.

I was so excited when my claim went from development to decision in one month I was doing the happy dance, doing some seriously window shopping,. Now its like someone let the helium out of a balloon, completely deflated, and so depressed. All I can do now is try to comfort the new folks complaining about the length of time it takes to get the claims decided, just like I did. And if and when it gets approved then I'll be a happy camper What state is your claim in-mine is in AZ and I hear they are concentrating on agent orange claims, everything else has been set aside till those VETS get there claims decided. I hate to be in their shoes, too long of a wait.

Your exactly right CB, mine is here in AZ also. The nehmer cases is taking preference according to the RO.

cooter,

The claim above - are there any issues involved that you should submit a NOD on

prior to the one year expiration ?

Requesting reconsideration is not sufficient nor a substitute, for a timely NOD.

I'll be driving to Phx friday and droping it off, Signed, Sealed, Delivered!

Your exactly right CB, mine is here in AZ also. The nehmer cases is taking preference according to the RO.

Have you or anyone else you know in Az recently had a regular claim approved. If so how long and when did they submit there claim!

That means your claim has 4 more months of dust then mine. I can use your reconsideration claim as time table for my claim. Whenever you get yours decided I'll have to say "'4 more months".

Edited by COOL BREEZE

Have you or anyone else you know in Az recently had a regular claim approved. If so how long and when did they submit there claim!

That means your claim has 4 more months of dust then mine. I can use your reconsideration claim as time table for my claim. Whenever you get yours decided I'll have to say "'4 more months".

Sorry, don't know anyone personally that had any claims decided. When I called 800# the other day I requested a letter from my claim person explaining the delay. Should be hearing something very soon, I hope. I'll keep you in touch about everything as I hear.

Thanks!!