VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Benefits Timetable

• 3 weeks later...

Really getting cranky here filed a claim for stress and anxiety (my outside Doc say it is PTSD) as a secondary to already compensated knee issues. As pain and a issue of inability to work or live a normal life. The claim was tagged as adjustment disorder by the VA. Thry also stated it was more lokely than not cpnnected to my knee issues. I am currently at 40%. However the telephone kine states it went to the rating board on March 3. It has now sat there in the rating board for 2 months and 2 weeks. I called the VA again today and was told it is still gonna be awhile before your case will be determined due to workload. 21/2 months is ridiculace for a enity that states 17 to 24 days to co,plete their work on avg. Is anybody else seeing this with the Waco Regional Office?

Yes-Waco has been reviewing Mine for about six months-some of these success stories I have read on here are amazing-I read one the other day=six months from filling to completion !! WOW !! that has not been My experience at all.

Exactly when did you find out it was ignored and when was it sent to internal appeals?

cooter -

I found out only after several months of trying to get my DAV rep to give me status, and after several IRIS responses that basically said 'we have nothing on file stating that you requested reconsideration. I originally sent in the request for reconsideration in April of 2010. I bugged her month after month that I hadn't heard anything and that I kept getting negative responses from IRIS requests. DAV rep told me "ignore them. I know what I have out there". THEN, the rep sent me an email in March 2011 stating that she had placed it with a Coach (whatever that is) and that they would have to jump on it as a year had almost passed without anyone working it. When I last followed up (in May 2011), she said:

"You know you have already been checking in and the status of the appeals and the claims don't change in weeks. It takes longer. If I see your name I will email or call you. Claims here don't move quickly. They move for appeals in 18-24 months and claims 9-12 months." I stopped my bi-weekly donations to the DAV after I got this email, and would love to find another rep that at least has a better sense of customer service.

The only way I knew they weren't working the reconsideration was because I sent the DAV rep an NOD. She said "did you receive a SOC?", I said "No, I've not heard anything so I can only assume the reconsideration was denied, and the one-year-mark is coming up". Then I ended up driving to the Atlanta VARO (taking a day off from work) to hand-deliver the document. So, something so simple - already in my records and with an IMO from the surgeon that treats the condition - fell through the cracks of BOTH the DAV AND the VARO. I thought I was being paranoid when I started tracking claims and times for completion on a spreadsheet some years ago. Now, I'm glad I do or else this would have passed without a word from anyone (but me, of course).

I ended up having to appeal the decision; another claim enters the twilight zone....

cooter -

I found out only after several months of trying to get my DAV rep to give me status, and after several IRIS responses that basically said 'we have nothing on file stating that you requested reconsideration. I originally sent in the request for reconsideration in April of 2010. I bugged her month after month that I hadn't heard anything and that I kept getting negative responses from IRIS requests. DAV rep told me "ignore them. I know what I have out there". THEN, the rep sent me an email in March 2011 stating that she had placed it with a Coach (whatever that is) and that they would have to jump on it as a year had almost passed without anyone working it. When I last followed up (in May 2011), she said:

"You know you have already been checking in and the status of the appeals and the claims don't change in weeks. It takes longer. If I see your name I will email or call you. Claims here don't move quickly. They move for appeals in 18-24 months and claims 9-12 months." I stopped my bi-weekly donations to the DAV after I got this email, and would love to find another rep that at least has a better sense of customer service.

The only way I knew they weren't working the reconsideration was because I sent the DAV rep an NOD. She said "did you receive a SOC?", I said "No, I've not heard anything so I can only assume the reconsideration was denied, and the one-year-mark is coming up". Then I ended up driving to the Atlanta VARO (taking a day off from work) to hand-deliver the document. So, something so simple - already in my records and with an IMO from the surgeon that treats the condition - fell through the cracks of BOTH the DAV AND the VARO. I thought I was being paranoid when I started tracking claims and times for completion on a spreadsheet some years ago. Now, I'm glad I do or else this would have passed without a word from anyone (but me, of course).

I ended up having to appeal the decision; another claim enters the twilight zone....

PS: the DAV rep also stated they wouldn't move on my appeals until my claims had been resolved.

• HadIt.com Elder

CB,

THANKS FOR THIS LINK - I wound up watching several other's.

Glad to hear you viewed some of the other related videos. I thought this short link would be a good gateway for our never ending story of "Timetables" & tribulations .

C.B.

Edited by Commander Bob