VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Benefits Timetable

• HadIt.com Elder

Bob

When things get tough you can depend on the Chamber of Commerce to be there for you!

Ha...Thanks for the laugh, John. The Chamber gives great parades.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Most everything in the VA system at Waco (and some other areas) is in a holding pattern right now. It all stems from the Agent Orange claims for ischemic heart disease, Parkinson's, and hairy cell leukemia. 95% of the regional office resources are bein devoted to that alone. Waco has claims from all over the country, and has pretty much become one of the "clearing houses" for these claims. It is very involved as the are having to sift through every page of the claims file to determine retro's (if any). On the other hand, there are massive files that have claimed the conditions and they don't even have the conditions. The VA still has to sift through it all.

All claims and appeals are slow right now. I know that does little to help, but figured I would shed some light. Don't shoot the messenger.

• 5 weeks later...

This was a very good read... especially about the Waco RO, where I have a "regular claim" that's been hanging out for 19 months. Although it doesn't make it right, I'll stop griping until it gets to the point to where we're sellin' furniture to keep the lights on... oh, did I mention we're gettin close?

Most everything in the VA system at Waco (and some other areas) is in a holding pattern right now. It all stems from the Agent Orange claims for ischemic heart disease, Parkinson's, and hairy cell leukemia. 95% of the regional office resources are bein devoted to that alone. Waco has claims from all over the country, and has pretty much become one of the "clearing houses" for these claims. It is very involved as the are having to sift through every page of the claims file to determine retro's (if any). On the other hand, there are massive files that have claimed the conditions and they don't even have the conditions. The VA still has to sift through it all.

All claims and appeals are slow right now. I know that does little to help, but figured I would shed some light. Don't shoot the messenger.