VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Benefits Timetable

• 4 weeks later...

You have Heard the statement , squeaky wheel's get grease first.

I found out in the last 2 years, calling about every two to three weeks It get their attention. Call the !-800 number and it be comes a waiting game( sometime you have to wait 20 minutes to get a real person, but if you get a live person and be very nice.

Tell you been waiting for long time and will send a request to the main people and that you need help. Sometime a little sadness in your voice help!

I've been waiting 14 months for a variety of new claims and increases tied into an IU claim at the Portland, OR VARO. Last week they sent me a nice letter to let me know that they were sorry for the delay and that they are still working on my claim.

Like a Christmas card from grandma, I looked in the envelope for a check but found nothing. laugh.png

My claim is currently in the "preparation for a decision" mode according to ebenefits. I try not to get to excited when my claim jumps up a step as it has gone back into development twice already and I won't be surprised if it happens again.

For me, if they approve everything, I should get a nice retro check but most of that money is going straight back to family who have been keeping me afloat now for over a year while we all patiently wait. The system sucks but whatcha gonna do?