VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Benefits Timetable

It's hard to believe it's been ~11 months since I posted my last remarks on this thread. To date, nothing has moved that I know of. I applied for and received the Post 9/11 in less than 45 days, but they can't enter my child's SSAN into the system to close a 3/2012 claim. Maybe for my birthday (3 weeks away) they can enter the 10 digits needed to close the claim. Still no motion on the appeal requesting they undo the reduction of a rating they claim is pre-existing but was not (7/2008 date of claim, certified 2/2009). I truly wish that those out there suffering through this would converge on their respective VAROs on a given day to at least show a quiet protest to these kinds of delays. Not that it would improve things, but at least it might get some attention.

I know the VA is overwhelmed....but so are the veterans....

it is too bad the VA just can't farm out the Veterans to have C/P done.

As they are now doing at some with Free basing out veterans for dental and other conditions like ear and eye examines and go by there determinations...jmho

The VBA already schedules C&P examinations for claimants

with contracted examiners that are not located at VAMC's.

I've been waiting since September for the rest of my retro. It's like things come in waves. I think politics had a bunch to do with clearing up a bunch of claims before the election. There's NO method to the madness...

Recently was upgraded from 10% Asthma alone to 60% Asthma/COPD. I am filing a NOD and am working on my case now. They denied Bipolar disorder Axis I, Sleep apnea/Narcolepsy with CPAP machine, Gerd/Barrets Esphagus, Gout. Didn't have in service and no nexus I assume. I basically just sent in a piece of paper signed saying I wanted a review. I was unaware of the complexities involved in the process. I now am going over every thing I can locate with a great deal more attention to detail. (have requested C-File)

Now for my Question other than where I should have posted this. At about the same time I was going through the Asthma problem and the medical discharge I was have seizures, I passed out 5-6 times a year for a couple of years or more. Eventually the doc's decided to see what was causing it. Two doctors had different opinions, one thought legitimate seizures of some type the other Narcolepsy. I was referred to Neurology per notes in my SMR. Before I could get to them to do that for me I was discharged and out. I have also continued to pass out or "fall asleep very quickly" off and on for all of these years. I have wrecked several cars and and had numerous problems due to this. I feel like they should have kept me in just a little longer and addressed that issue. My life may have been very different if it had been recognized then. I never had this problem until a fall down a rock embankment in 29 Palms California. At that time I was diagnosed with abrasions and a concussion. It may or may not have anything to do with my issues. It seems if I am diagnosed with Narcolepsy now and it was suspected in the 80's that there should be a concern.

I put a lot out there and I am not very skilled and bringing so many things together a solid this or that question. I would just appreciate any thoughts good or bad. It's just that I never recalled or noticed the correlation till the other day and its been bothering me.

Thanks for any help given.

• 4 weeks later...

It's hard to believe it's been ~11 months since I posted my last remarks on this thread. To date, nothing has moved that I know of. I applied for and received the Post 9/11 in less than 45 days, but they can't enter my child's SSAN into the system to close a 3/2012 claim. Maybe for my birthday (3 weeks away) they can enter the 10 digits needed to close the claim. Still no motion on the appeal requesting they undo the reduction of a rating they claim is pre-existing but was not (7/2008 date of claim, certified 2/2009). I truly wish that those out there suffering through this would converge on their respective VAROs on a given day to at least show a quiet protest to these kinds of delays. Not that it would improve things, but at least it might get some attention.

Dependency claims are not an priority with VA. These claims will take 10-12 months, on average. many VARO's have individuals doing this as an additional duty. We all have been in the service we know what additional duties are.

Yes-Waco has been reviewing Mine for about six months-some of these success stories I have read on here are amazing-I read one the other day=six months from filling to completion !! WOW !! that has not been My experience at all.

I have seen claims spend 8 plus months at the rating board. I hope your not waiting on anything soon. Waco VARO has an average time of 24 months to adjudicate a claim.