VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Benefits Timetable

Re: Frequently Contacting the VARO

This is just an opinion (as are many of the comments here). My opinion was formed during the three-year odyssey of my first claim for compensation.

--Constantly contacting the VARO about one's claim accomplishes nothing positive.

--It is unlikely that a kindly, benevolent vet svc rep at the VARO will bump your claim or expedite it.

--The most important features (that the veteran controls) of a successful claim are the completeness and accuracy of the claim. Completeness includes the nexus of the disability to your service.

Ron

Since my last post on this issue -

- I hired a new VSO, and the rep that was SO good changed jobs within a few months; so much for having a great set of eyes on the system watching my claims.

- Three claims were combined into one. Now, all have a claim date of 6/10/10 - 1 year, 7 months and 10 days and counting. All are still in development awaiting documents from the VAMC and QTC – BUT, I submitted a FOIA request and finally received a copy of the VAMC file they were supposedly waiting on. I went through all 1000+ pages (not kidding) and highlighted each and every reference to my claims, tabbed each one and covered with statements in support of claims. I will send the package to the VARO this week (now that I'm FINALLY done with all the highlighting!).

- My 1st appeal (certified): 2 years, 7 months and 10 days (not that I'm counting), the 2nd appeal (no info yet re: status) is at 2 years, 2 months and 28 days and counting.

As for complexity, the three 6/10 claims are secondary claims to existing SC issues. These have been a lot of work, and according to the last rep I had they were holding up my appeals (have read varying opinions on this topic, though). The first appeal is from a SC condition they reduced because it was a pre-existing condition aggravated by service (didn't actually exist UNTIL service and can prove it), the second is a condition missed during the initial claims process (DAV and I missed it), treated while on active duty, yet I can't seem to convince them that such a no-brainer could possibly have happened. I'm still baffled by this…

At this point, I would just like it to be over. I’m so tired of plodding through this and if, after all is decided, my overall rating doesn’t change, I’m going to question my sanity for tilting at this windmill…

fwiw mr justrluk, been wating 14 months. this with VSO writing letters/claims, congressman contacting them periodically. it is now in admin review phase supposedly waiting on a signature or something.

man who takes care of my savings account called today and informed me i have about 3 months left of savings, so stress i s getting abit worse. nothing new for us vets waiting on va stuff or trying to get va to do right thing.

i never had any luck calling that 800 number but maybe i'm calling wrong number

tired of it as you are, hope it gets rolling along sooner than later. so much for claims to take shorter time, huh?

fwiw mr justrluk, been wating 14 months. this with VSO writing letters/claims, congressman contacting them periodically. it is now in admin review phase supposedly waiting on a signature or something.

autum - contacting congress critters USUALLY just slows things down.

If it's waiting on additional signatures - that actually sounds good.

man who takes care of my savings account called today and informed me i have about 3 months left of savings, so stress i s getting abit worse. nothing new for us vets waiting on va stuff or trying to get va to do right thing.

Why do you have "a man who takes care of my savings account" ?

I suggest NOT calling the 1-800 # for info on current claims, as they CAN NOT provide accurate claims tracking information.

JMHO -

carlie

autum - contacting congress critters USUALLY just slows things down.

If it's waiting on additional signatures - that actually sounds good.

Why do you have "a man who takes care of my savings account" ?

I suggest NOT calling the 1-800 # for info on current claims, as they CAN NOT provide accurate claims tracking information.

JMHO -

carlie

just as well i didn't get anyone on the line.

i contacted his local office so there would be a paper trail with all this. i've had little success in anyone listening to me at va or med eividence. i know va doesn't liket congress being contacted but really, what is a veteran to do in certain situations where VA doesn't listen, VA doesn't listen to VSOs, they don't listen to congress aides (letters), but i wrote him anyways. if you had MS and VA wouldn't diagnose you with objective med evidence and shrugged you off, who would you contact. look how many veterans across usa have many of the same issues with va over the years. nothing changes except for a smile and pat on the back. way too many newstories and cspan documentaries to back that up.

cuz i'm not so good with the money thing

thks, yur JMHO is always welcomed