VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still Waiting For Bva

Rate this question

grent

Question

STILL WAITING 4 1/2 YEARS NOW FOR MY FORM 9 NINES TO BE CERTIFIED BEFORE THEY GO TO THE BVA.

I HAVE A COUPLE OF SEPARATE ISSUES PENDING BEFORE THE BVA. I HAVE A LAWYER EVERY TIME I CALL HIM THEY TELL ME THEY ARE IN WAITING MODE.

I CALL THE LOCAL VARO THEY TELL ME THEY ARE WAITING FOR MY FORMS NINES TO "CERTIFIED" BEFORE THEY GO TO THE BVA. 4 1/2 YEARS I HAVE LISTENED TO THIS BS.

LAST MONTH OUT OF NO WHERE A VARO I DONT EVEN DEAL WITH SENDS ME A LETTER AND STATES I NEED TO FILE YET ANOTHER FORM NINE DIDNT MAKE SENSE TO ME

OKAY HUM?? FOUND SOME OF MY FILE WAS FARMED OUT TO ANOTHER VARO DUE TO OVERLOAD.

ANYWAY I FILED THAT FORM NINE WITHIN THE 60 DAY LIMIT RETURN RECEIPT GREEN CARD I DID NOT BOTHER TO CALL MY LAWYER .

STILL NOTHING.------------- 4 1/2 YEARS FIVE MOVES LATER .

ANY THOUGHTS WOULD BE HELPFUL.

SORRY FOR THE LARGE TYPE MY EYES ARE GONE.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Grent

The VA must have found that you met the requirement for 100% schedular. You can't be TDIU and 100% at the same time. This is nothing to worry about I don't think. What does your lawyer have to say about this? What are you 100% for? Are you 100% for TBI? What date do you have for the retro? You have a lawyer and you are being represented by DAV? What is the lawyer representing you for?

THE DAV DROPPED ME AFTER I GOT A LAWYER.

AFTER THE VA GOT MY LOST RECORDS ( I SENT MY LOST RECORDS INTO THEM) THE VA REVOKED MY TDIU AND AWARDED ME 100 % P AND T.

NO C AND P NO FURTHER QUESTIONS THEY VA TOOK ME OFF TDIU AND AWARDED ME 100 % P AND T, I HAVE NO IDEA WHY MY GUESS IS THE LOST RECORDS

THEN A LETTER CAME FEW DAYS LATER ABOUT TRAU BRAIN INJURY STATING I MAY BE ENTITLED TO A RETRO PAYMENT FOR THAT ISSUE

• HadIt.com Elder

Grent

If you may be eligible for retro that is good. I don't see any downside to what the VA has said. When did you get the brain injury and did you claim it or is the VA inferring it?

Grent

If you may be eligible for retro that is good. I don't see any downside to what the VA has said. When did you get the brain injury and did you claim it or is the VA inferring it?

THE BRAIN INJURY IS ALREADY CLAIMED AND IT IS RATED. I WAS JUST CURIOUS WHY THE VA REMOVED MY TDIU AND PUT ME ON 100 % P AND T WITHOUT A C AND P

THE ONLY ANSWER I COULD FIGURE OUT WAS WHEN I SENT THEM MY LOST RECORDS. I THINK THE WAY MY RATING IS NOW I CAN WORK MAKE AS MUCH AS I WANT AND KEEP MY VA MONEY? NOT SURE ABOUT THAT?

IS THEIR ANY PLACE I CAN GO TO LEARN HOW TO DO A WRIT OF MANDAMUS?

THANKS

Edited by grent

Grent

The VA must have found that you met the requirement for 100% schedular. You can't be TDIU and 100% at the same time. This is nothing to worry about I don't think. What does your lawyer have to say about this? What are you 100% for? Are you 100% for TBI? What date do you have for the retro? You have a lawyer and you are being represented by DAV? What is the lawyer representing you for?

after i got a lawyer the dav dropped me after a quick phone call i had with them

may write to my congress person see if that does any good but i doubt it will

may try writ of mandamus route see if that bring any results

Grent

Yes, the DAV needs to drop you when represented by a lawyer. It would be way, way to confusing and not in your best interest to be represented by both. Since you did hire a lawyer, would you want the VA to do something different than the lawyer you are paying for? Its a case of either the DAV OR the lawyer, but never both. It would be like having two ex wives gang up on you.