Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Advise On Iris Response Wording

Rate this question

lugnut

Question

I have attaached an IRIS response dated 4/9/2010 - 4-24-2010, which says "we acknowledge your inquiry as a request to reeopen your claim------" Does this mean that the claim is active, would carry the original claim filing date, etc?? i have not received a SOC, or any other paperwork other than the standard letter "we are still working on your claim". I have sent in new evidence as I received it (IME, Buddie statements) I realize that they are still working on the Nehmer claims, and mine may be on hold.IRIS Inquiry 4-8-2010.doc

Thank you

lugnut

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Follow up with a written request to your Regional Office. You can use the IRIS response to establish your date of claim if you need to later.

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy V

I have attaached an IRIS response dated 4/9/2010 - 4-24-2010, which says "we acknowledge your inquiry as a request to reeopen your claim------" Does this mean that the claim is active, would carry the original claim filing date, etc?? i have not received a SOC, or any other paperwork other than the standard letter "we are still working on your claim". I have sent in new evidence as I received it (IME, Buddie statements) I realize that they are still working on the Nehmer claims, and mine may be on hold.IRIS Inquiry 4-8-2010.doc

Thank you

lugnut

Last fall I received VARO notification (per USPS) that my NOD had been received, etc. The date of the NOD appeared to be incorrect so I checked things out. The NOD was dated for the day I had made an IRIS inquiry, nowhere near the date they received my formal NOD, I did not receive a notification per IRIS such as you did.

CHR49