VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chronic Pain Secondary To Ddd

Rate this topic

ScottCGAS

I have been awarded 10% for Depression secondary to DDD. Can I also file a claim for Chronic Pain secondary to DDD?? The percentages, and the requirements for those percentages look like the same symptoms for the Depression Rating.. I had spoke with a VA supervisor asking why my claim was taking so long and they said that my original claim had mentioned Chronic Pain along with my secondary claim for Depression caused by DDD. They said that the Chronic Pain claim was holding it up. They asked if I was going to pursue that claim, it would take much longer to decide. I told them at this time I would not be pursuing it. The claim was then processed and received my rating and compensation within a month.

Now that I am receiving compensation and now rated, can I now file for Chronic Pain secondary to DDD?

I need to know how to proceed.

Thanks to all at hadit,

Scott

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Here is a link to the BVA decisions for this and you should research them. It will help you to understand the process. It is a large read as I put inthe search parameters for you.

http://www.index.va.gov/search/va/bva_search.jsp?QT=Chronic+and+pain+and+secondary+and+disk&SQ=vetapp10&RPP=10

JBasser

I was told that you cant make a claim for chronic pain. only an increase for your service connection injury. This to me is a crack in the system?

• HadIt.com Elder

You can make a claim for chronic pain disorder if it includes depression as one of the symptoms. Chronic pain disorder is a psychological as well as physical disorder. If you have chronic pain and depression you will get a rating for one or the other but not both. If you have claims for bipolar, schizophrenia, depression and PTSD you will only be rated on one of those conditions.

Thanks for the replies. I guess that is why the VA person wanted to know if I was claiming Chronic Pain secondary and Depression.

Thanks jBasser for the link. You need to have alot of time to read all the decisions. But, after looking at the decisions, it is imperitive that your Primary Care Physician enter all that you say or get the report ammended.

Thanks to all at hadit,

Scott

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use