VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Got Sced!

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

I Put in my claim for ptsd in June 2010. 1-26-2011 it went to decision phase. Its been with the rating board for over a month now. Anyone had this issue? I did provide them with every document that wasn't in my c-file that supports my claim. I just really need some input. This is driving me nuts.

Edited by 11cvolley

• Answers 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

This just means the claim is ready to rate. It could sit there for quite a while and it would not be abnormal. There is no set time line for these things. Your claim is not even a year old yet. Claims often take 12-18 months. Appeals can take 24 months. Are you working? What are you claiming? I have a claim that is 5 years old.

I been trying to get work. Was just denied a gov job due to the meds I am on for ptsd. I am claiming ptsd due to mst. I have every bit of evidence but an actual report of the rapes. The twist to my claim is that I was rated 30% for asthma while still in the army and just a few months ago the VA determined that my asthma was a misdiagnoses and that I actually have severe anxiety.

• HadIt.com Elder

So did the VA call a CUE on themselves and change your rating to severe anxiety? If your anxiety is severe you should be getting more than 30%. You don't need a PTSD claim and a severe anxiety claim since they are different types of the same type of disorder. If you cannot work due to your meds and severe anxiety you should claim TDIU. Who is helping you with your claim? If the VA admits that you are actually service connected for anxiety you don't have to prove a MST claim. You just have to prove the severity of your disability not the nexus. Stick around and keep posting. Your claim is confusing and you probably need help sorting this out. It seems the VA is admitting they made a mistake in your service connection. That might be what is called a clear unmistakable error.

So did the VA call a CUE on themselves and change your rating to severe anxiety? If your anxiety is severe you should be getting more than 30%. You don't need a PTSD claim and a severe anxiety claim since they are different types of the same type of disorder. If you cannot work due to your meds and severe anxiety you should claim TDIU. Who is helping you with your claim? If the VA admits that you are actually service connected for anxiety you don't have to prove a MST claim. You just have to prove the severity of your disability not the nexus. Stick around and keep posting. Your claim is confusing and you probably need help sorting this out. It seems the VA is admitting they made a mistake in your service connection. That might be what is called a clear unmistakable error.

The severe anxiety was also diagnosed through the ptsd clinic. Right now I just really hate the gov. It seems like the VA is set up to make you fail and that is messed up. Even trying to better myself by getting a gov job I was screwed over. ptsd doctor cleared me to work like wright patt wanted and they still tell me im unfit because of the meds...

IDK what CUE is but I know they haven't.

I was confused this whole time. I really thought I just had really bad asthma even though the meds never helped much. So when my newest GF (now my wife) forced me to go to the VA I told the social worker about the MST somewhat. Thats what started the whole treatment and diagnosis process that discovered I have severe anxiety, severe depression, and ptsd. I never thought that I had anything wrong with me other than the asthma.

I'm getting help from a lady at the ptsd clinic on my claim. I tried to use my VSO but she belittled me and put it off as "being bullied on the playground." (her words)

Even if I were to get 100%/TDIU for anxiety I'd still want to get the ptsd claim approved just for me. It would help me validate what I went through and that someone in the gov has acknowledge it did happen.

• HadIt.com Elder

Get the TDIU/100% for anxiety and then worry about validating yourself. The VA is never going to apologize to you. The military will never say they are sorry. Your only validation is money. If you can't work get the money. If you want to go back to school on vocational rehabilitation you could do that. What are your goals and how old are you? This is a factor in what you plan on trying to do since age discrimination is a fact. Have you considered getting a VA lawyer? If you are depending just on the VA for help you are not going to get it.

Im 26 years old. My goal for the past two years was to get a job on wright patt since they pay well and very good job security. I don't have a VA lawyer. Was told I couldn't get a lawyer until I get denied.

Lately I find that I am very good at growing plants hydroponically. I also have an interest in building a distillery for the production of ethanol.

As work is concerned aside from my many triggers I always get this anxiety feeling of "I'm clocked in so if I leave I'll get in trouble." This thought makes me feel like I am trapped just as I was in the Army. So much so that I eventually break down and just stop going to work. Which ends in being fired.