VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Are You Va 100% Based On Individual Unemployability

Rate this question

allan

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Subject: [VeteranIssues] ARE YOU VA 100% based on individual unemployabilityDate: Apr 27, 2011 7:06 AM

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-4140-1-ARE.PDF

This is the form to certify annually for those of you on IU. The VA is notorious for NOT sending these out. If you know you have to certify annually, save this link. Fill out the form, print it out and send it to the VA during your anniversary month when you were awarded IU. Always send everything to the VA by certified mail with a return receipt. Make sure you keep a copy of the completed form.

information to determine continued eligibility to compensation at the 100 percent rate based on individual unemployability (38 CFR4.16). Title 38, United States Code,

You are receiving compensation at the 100 percent rate based on being unable to secure or follow a substantially gainful occupation as a result of your service-connected disabilities. If you were self-employed or employed by others, including the Department of Veterans Affairs, at any time during the past 12 months, competeSection I of this form. If you have not been employed during the past 12 months, complete Section II of this form.

"Keep on, Keepin' on"

Dan Cedusky, Champaign IL "Colonel Dan"

See my web site at:

http://www.angelfire.com/il2/VeteranIssues/

http://www.facebook.com/dan.cedusky

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

What paperwork. Do I need to get and from who/how do I get it to file for tdiu I'm rated 70% retired. From mil but only 60 something from the VA but I'm alredy on ssd since I've been out Jan 08

• HadIt.com Elder

Distance

The form Alan posted for reporting earned income for people who are already getting IU.

If you want to get IU from the VA you need to file for an increased rating. IU is nothing more than an increased rating

where they determine you are unemployable. I think there is a form for requesting IU you can submit at the same time.

In any event get a service officer to help you file the forms. Keep posting to hadit any question that develop.

• HadIt.com Elder

I submit the employment questionaire every January. The VA does not send me one, but I bet if I did not send them one on my own I would be getting a letter saying they propose to reduce me because I did not respond to their request for information about my employment status. I want them to forget me, but every once in a while I discover another reason to file something.

Do 100 % disability and unemployable by schedule rating need to send in this form. How do you know if your are a scheduler rated or TDIU rated.

No, 100% schedular veterans do not have to send in the employment questionnaire only the TDIU veterans does.

If your ratings add up to a combined rating of 95%, VA will round up and you are considered 100% schedular. Also your rating decision should state if you are 100% TDIU or 100% schedular.