VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Yes

Rate this topic

Hambone11B

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hambone..... if your 100% TDIU was for your PTSD (as it should be, since that is all that is needed), you meet the requirement, according to 38 CFR 3.350 to SMC, Special Monthly Compensation. Do NOT let them get away with not following the law!

When I filed for TDIU, my PTSD was rated at 30% so I included DDD, cervical strain and TBI into the symptoms as to why I couldn't work. That was the advice I was given from my VSO to better the chances at winning my claim. If there is a way to get the TDIU changed to be as a sole result of the symptoms of my PTSD than by all means send some advice my way as to how to get it changed. As it stands right now, I have recieved my settlement letter and backpay so while I wait for SSDI to come thru, I am content with leaving it alone. Now in the next 6 months I am going to file for an increase to my headaches and an increase for GERD. I also wish to open a new secondary claim for CPS as I suffer from sciatica and right leg problems as a result of my DDD. I have a cist on my lower back that surrounds a nerve that I've been told is from the area my DDD is in. A cist has formed around the nerve to protect it I guess from how my vertebrate are situated. My right leg pain is a result from limping everywhere and not putting any weight on my left leg as it sends shockwaves up thru my spine. I have recently started using a cane because of all this. Anyway, if anyone has any advice for this situation let me know. Thanks again everyone. My life has truly started back over since recieving all this news. Albeit I still pay the price as I went and got a new TV but still spend most of my time in the dark because of my headaches and had to depend on my neighbor to bring it into the house.

On second thought I probably should start those claims as soon as I can. If that would throw a wrench into the decisions I've gotten someone please let me know. As much as I'd like to just forget it all for a few months its against my better judgement as some of this takes years.

You already have your decision, so file your additional claims! Check your award, and see how they wrote up the TDIU. They are suppose to assume you are looking for the highest rating, which would be TDIU for one, single, disability entitling you to SMC, but we are talking about the VA......

Now in the next 6 months I am going to file for an increase to my headaches and an increase for GERD. I also wish to open a new secondary claim for CPS as I suffer from sciatica and right leg problems as a result of my DDD. I have a cist on my lower back that surrounds a nerve that I've been told is from the area my DDD is in. A cist has formed around the nerve to protect it I guess from how my vertebrate are situated. My right leg pain is a result from limping everywhere and not putting any weight on my left leg as it sends shockwaves up thru my spine. I have recently started using a cane because of all this. Anyway, if anyone has any advice for this situation let me know. Thanks again everyone. My life has truly started back over since recieving all this news. Albeit I still pay the price as I went and got a new TV but still spend most of my time in the dark because of my headaches and had to depend on my neighbor to bring it into the house.

Ham,

What is your goal in doing the above ?

What Diagnostic Code is your headaches rated under ?

Now at least if need be, you can financially compensate helpers like your neighbor.

It's a great feeling to have the finances for getting things done - that we can't do ourselves,

like mow lawns, wash vehicles, laundry, cleaning and some cooking if needed, etc...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use