VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Very Large Retro!

Rate this topic

Vike17

The VVA is excellent!

MARINE-do you feel comfortable giving us your BVA citation and Decision numbers?

This is all public knowledge at the BVA web site- no names of vet, no SS #s , and no c file numbers-

In addition to the inservice ankle injury

(my husband had one too in the Navy- which he joined after the USMC and Vietnam)

but they rated it as "0" SC-

he claimed no problems with it-

what other disabilities are you claiming for TDIU?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta,

I'm sorry for not responding sooner, or better, to some of your questions. I am having a heck of a time trying to "navigate' around on this board. I'll type something to somebody, log off and go do something else and then, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get back to the conversation.

First of all, my VVA attorney has kept very good track of my claim through the BVA process and the remand.

My brother, who is a judge (and a former practicing attorney before the Federal District Courts and Supreme Court) has really helped me out with knowing the difference in the terminology and what is "good evidence" what is "probative" what weight will be given to certain testimony, what is B.S., etc. So that when I started collecting all this stuff (even before I filed my claim, 'cause I wanted to know if I really did have all it would take before I wasted my time and everybody else's) that when I turned in all my "stuff" that it would be understandable and have some sort of bearing on my claim. Anyway, he's been a great help to keep me "on the right track".

I'm thinking that my TDIU will stem from the fact that, first of all, I'm drawing my SSD ( totally disabled ). And, I've been found totally disabled by the State Vo. Rehab. and I've gotten IMO's that state that I'm not even capable of driving ( and I can't walk ). All that and the fact that I have had NO income for 8 years other than my Social Security.

But, who knows, right?

But, regardless of how it turns out, I have a wonderful wife and son (senior at the Univ. of La. with a 3.8gpa! ) and two big ol Springer Spaniels that think that I am WONDERFUL! That, and a cup of good coffee, what else do ya need, right?