VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C And P

Rate this question

vet2010

Question

Question, I retired from the Army in 2010 and was awarded 100% in Feb 2011, my first VA appt is next month. How often do and will the VA schedule a new C and P exam? This is my first VA visit...

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If I am 100% however I only received a 20% rating for my Lower Back (pain and surgery), can I file for P and T because of my Lower Back? I can no longer work...

vet2010

Not knowing the circumstances on your back, and if your back would warrant a higher rating because you was lowballed at 20%, I myself, would go back to my Dr. that's treating me and see if he would state that my back is bad enough that I couldn't hold down any job because I can't sit or stand very long. It would have to show his opinion and reasoning for this. There is nexus forem here that show's exactly how to write it out. Now,if your Dr. refuses to help out, then I would concider paying for an IMO (independant medical opinion) or an IME (independant medical examination). Their both expensive. But if you have a good case it would be worth it. Others here will correct me if I'm wrong, but opening a new claim for P%T would give the VA a reason to revaluate the % of your other SC's. Another words, the can lower your %'s! Not saying they would, but they could! Good Luck.

• HadIt.com Elder

I would get a doctor to say that your are totally disabled due to static conditions that are expected to last the rest of your life. Your whole disability picture if of person who is totally disabled and expected to stay the same or get worse as Cooter says. You are 100% disabled and are not going to get better. The VA knows what 100% means.

I am Sc'd for the following,

1. 50% Depression - VA Letter state this may improve...

2. 50% Sleep Apnea

3. 40% Prostatis - VA Letter state this may improve...

4. 20% Lower back

5. 10% Tinnittis

6. 10% Gerd

7. 5 more claims rated at 10% each.

You can't file an appeal for being denied Chapter 35, because you were not denied Chapter 35. The fact that the letters state that your PTSD and prostatitis may improve suggests that you have a future examination for those conditions. The rater is allowed to determine when he/she saw fit to assign a future examination. You can call the 1-800-827-1000 number to ask when your future examinations are scheduled. Be careful what you wish for regarding requesting P&T. That sound like a claim for increase for all of your conditions, and you may very well lose your 100%. If my calculations are correct, you are in all actuality, 95% connected, which rounded up to 100%. One drop in your disability percentage, and you will drop to 90%, or even lower. Just trying to help..........