Ads Keep HadIt.com Online. Consider Turning Off Ad Blockers to Keep HadIt.com Online! ×

Veterans Web Page States

Guest frank

Question

Guest frank

dear veterans, i was on a veterans web page ,someone stated,on your dd-214 the goverment has a code on your discharge, this code states [from web page] if you are a bed wetter,drunk ect. so somewhere on your discharge,is a code, i looked on mine,i was asked to reinlist,so i guess mine is ok. maybe this is why we can;t get our the claim we ask for or why it is so hard for us,if this code is true,that means we don,t stand a chance,and spend years trying to win something we CAN,T win from day one. frank

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

20 answers to this question

Guest fla_viking

Dear Frank

The military was ordered to do away wiht th ecodes because they are being abused. No where in the VA law or denials are there any references to codes as a reason for denial. If the RO is on there own being jerks usijng codes. its secret and will not be used on appeal to BVA or the courts

Terry Higgins

Guest DON20906

I remeber there was HUGE scandal in the early 70s over "Spin Numbers"

SPN Numbers can be looked up at: http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theorderlyroom/

Scroll down to Military Separation Codes.

Dear Frank

The military was ordered to do away wiht th ecodes because they are being abused. No where in the VA law or denials are there any references to codes as a reason for denial. If the RO is on there own being jerks usijng codes. its secret and will not be used on appeal to BVA or the courts

Terry Higgins

Guest frank
Dear Frank

Terry Higgins

dear terry .you might be right,as these are on only dd-214, as these are older discharges,i don.t know what a new discharge would look like,if there was a changemade,how would a older veteran know this,they would file a claim, get denied,file to bva and still be turned down . i was givem 100% 4e from air force,52-56 in navy rated 100% ptsd for 4-11=52, in 1978 i open claim for medical records va stated no records found,hoe do you appeal,a statment like that? in 2003 i do get everything i have stated va had proof all these years my point is hoe would you know? thank you frank

Guest frank
I remeber there was HUGE scandal in the early 70s over "Spin Numbers"

SPN Numbers can be looked up at: http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theorderlyroom/

Scroll down to Military Separation Codes.

dear don thank you for your reply,i know you are right on what you state,however we all know how va bva . and court of appeals , has lied to veterans from what i read on the other web page,older veterans are turned because of codes. do you think the goverment would check in va to see if they are doing right by veterans?i came out of the shoping center a few days ago there was a veteran in a wheel chair asking for money,this poor man had lost2 legs i arm,his legs were made so cheap ,thet could not support him. i asked sir, are you getting compensation for this? he said yes, i asked how much, he had spent 5 years in the hospital , only getting 1500. per month i said that is not right, you should be getting about 3500 per month i asked why don.t you appeal? his answer was i joined the service at age 16, i forged my mothers name,va stated if he ever tried to appeal va would file a forgey charge on him, there was no way i could get him to see va could do no such thing. this is my point,how would we know. and i do mean the older veterans you new veterans, are sharp you know how to apply the law,you have computers fax ect,everything at your finger tips,but older veterans have no knowledge of up to date laws. their fear of va is so strong, no one can break it, an again how would they know? frank

• HadIt.com Elder

I got the spin numbers on my DD214. They labeled me a personality disorder and that was why I was discharged. I was a bad boy so they waited almost three years to discover I was a personality disorder. Maybe that was why I did not get a job as a VA benefits couselor back in the 70's. I took a standardised test for all potential federal employees and got a pretty good score. The only offers I ever got were from the VA and the ATF. I was a disabled vet with a college education and a high score and I could not get a job at the VA. Probably some guys girlfried or cousin got the job.

Guest DON20906

The only way VA could deny him over this is if his enlistment was adjudicated fraudulent by the service department and he was put out with a dishonorable discahrge. VA is not going to file charges on him.

dear don thank you for your reply,i know you are right on what you state,however we all know how va bva . and court of appeals , has lied to veterans from what i read on the other web page,older veterans are turned because of codes. do you think the goverment would check in va to see if they are doing right by veterans?i came out of the shoping center a few days ago there was a veteran in a wheel chair asking for money,this poor man had lost2 legs i arm,his legs were made so cheap ,thet could not support him. i asked sir, are you getting compensation for this? he said yes, i asked how much, he had spent 5 years in the hospital , only getting 1500. per month i said that is not right, you should be getting about 3500 per month i asked why don.t you appeal? his answer was i joined the service at age 16, i forged my mothers name,va stated if he ever tried to appeal va would file a forgey charge on him, there was no way i could get him to see va could do no such thing. this is my point,how would we know. and i do mean the older veterans you new veterans, are sharp you know how to apply the law,you have computers fax ect,everything at your finger tips,but older veterans have no knowledge of up to date laws. their fear of va is so strong, no one can break it, an again how would they know? frank
Edited by DON20906

Guest frank
I got the spin numbers on my DD214. They labeled me a personality disorder and that was why I was discharged. I was a bad boy so they waited almost three years to discover I was a personality disorder. Maybe that was why I did not get a job as a VA benefits couselor back in the 70's. I took a standardised test for all potential federal employees and got a pretty good score. The only offers I ever got were from the VA and the ATF. I was a disabled vet with a college education and a high score and I could not get a job at the VA. Probably some guys girlfried or cousin got the job.
dear john, this is my point,there is no doubt that code did keep you from that va job. as terry and don stated they can,t use these codes,anymore and they are right. however you can,t trust va or bva,so a older veteran would not know this. i was on base last week,started to talk to a older veteran, he is only getting 20% i asked if he has put in fo a highter rateing he said no they might take away what i have, i do fell va is useing these codes whenver they the veteran lets a ro or go alone,they will use the code,on this web page it stated that fact,codes were used,and older veterans would not know about it. john did you know that code was on your discharge frank

• HadIt.com Elder

Frank

I knew I had a general discharge under honorable conditions. I got it changed to a straight honorable at the Review Board.

Im sure they probably did use the codes on the old DD214's the newer ones they put it right at the bottom as to the reason the person got out. They also put a code called an RE-CODE which is a reinlistment code that they do use for reinlistment purposes. I guess if you had a lower code on that chart than they would definitely look at it at the VARO since it had to do with your in service records. Im sure they use these codes just like they use your age to tell you if you can get a job with different federal organizations. Did you know that if your over the age of 37 you can not get a job for law enforcement in most of their positions? No wonder so many people are getting out of the service early because they wouldnt be able to get a key job for the government by the time they retired from the military. Some do have a few rules that allow you to add the total number of years in service to your age as an offset but, many people dont decide what they want to do until later in life anyway so its a real shame that they do it this way.

Frank

I knew I had a general discharge under honorable conditions. I got it changed to a straight honorable at the Review Board.

I have a friend who was over weight and got kicked out early and he is having his changed or upgraded to honorable. I think its a good thing that they do this for veterans.

Guest DON20906

I looked up my spin number and it's "early release to attend school" so the numbers aren't all negative. I did get out 60 days early to make the fall '71 class at George Mason University. Back then it was George Mason College of the University of Virginia.

dear john, this is my point,there is no doubt that code did keep you from that va job. as terry and don stated they can,t use these codes,anymore and they are right. however you can,t trust va or bva,so a older veteran would not know this. i was on base last week,started to talk to a older veteran, he is only getting 20% i asked if he has put in fo a highter rateing he said no they might take away what i have, i do fell va is useing these codes whenver they the veteran lets a ro or go alone,they will use the code,on this web page it stated that fact,codes were used,and older veterans would not know about it. john did you know that code was on your discharge frank

Guest frank

(I edited this post for frank so it would be a bit easier to read - Tbird)

Dear veterans,

You have all made good points, there is no question, in doubt, of what you state, but you still did not answer my question how would a veteran know?

We reply to each other by our computers, but older veterans, do not know how to use a computer or cannot afford, nor understand, what you write.

I am 100% US AF e4, granted to me under section 38, chapter 5 part 111 m21-1, V. A. held this information back from me all these years V. A. claimed no records found, if not with the help of a lady that worked for V. A. she made copies of everything right now I have 100% 3 times, how would I know, what section 38 meant?

It was with you help, what you know I don’t, that is why I am grateful, for all your help, I served in a time 46-49 air force, navy 52-56, both of my discharges are ok, I even have a letter from navy, of recognition for my service on the USS Wasp, they recommended me to enlist, this states a copy of this letter will be put in your files,

I also have. certificate of recognition from Donald Rumsfield, this states IN RECOGNITION OF YOUR SERVICE DURING THE PERIOD OF THE COLD WAR[sEPT.2.1945-26 OF DECEMBER 1991]IN PROMOTING,PEACE AND STABILITY FOR THIS NATION THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION ARE FOREVER GRATEFUL.SIGNED BY DONALD RUSMFIELD,SECRETARY OF DEFENSE.

I open my first claim in 1978, V. A. states no records found. so when you write what is law ,I know you are all right,

I do not question what you state, but put yourself in a older veterans shoes, and try to picture yourself in our shoes how would I know about these codes?

V. A. is using these codes on older veterans how would they know?

I might add V. A. has me rated 0 navy 0, I really hope I can get them into LEVENSWORTH. for what they did to veterans of my time who died waiting for a reply from V. A., the government can not undue, what has happened to me.

I have no respect for the US government, Nixon, called veterans dumb, stupid people, and he made it to the white house.

Long ago our country was declared WE ARE AT WAR,I WAS ONLY 17, my mother had to sign for me, when war was declared I stepped forward signed up, stepped up took the oath, stated I’LL GO SIR WE WERE AT WAR, sorry this is so long by I want you all to understand what older veterans fact , again my question, how would they know

thank you frank

• HadIt.com Elder

Frank

You are in the right place. Don't get obsessed because you have your 100% and you have the rest of your life to work on your other VA things. I feel very pissed off about what the military and VA did to me 35 years ago, but I am not going to let it get me unhappy in the present. You don't get justice from the VA or military. All you get is money. I would just relax and keep plugging away at your claims. Nothing makes the VA work faster or better. Just keep trying to get your medical records and evidence for an earlier claim. Thousands of WWII vets and Korean and Vietnam era vets got screwed and have nothing.

You know my job as a postal worker damaged me more than my military service. That really makes me mad since I am quit crippled up and can't do many of the things I would like to do. Just based on the post office injuries I am unemployable and I get a tiny disability pension for that.

John

Guest frank
Frank

You are in the right place. Don't get obsessed because you have your 100% and you have the rest of your life to work on your other VA things. I feel very pissed off about what the military and VA did to me 35 years ago, but I am not going to let it get me unhappy in the present. You don't get justice from the VA or military. All you get is money. I would just relax and keep plugging away at your claims. Nothing makes the VA work faster or better. Just keep trying to get your medical records and evidence for an earlier claim. Thousands of WWII vets and Korean and Vietnam era vets got screwed and have nothing.

You know my job as a postal worker damaged me more than my military service. That really makes me mad since I am quit crippled up and can't do many of the things I would like to do. Just based on the post office injuries I am unemployable and I get a tiny disability pension for that.

John

dear john, please read my new topic i have out lined everythins so everyone, will have a clear picture of what i state also i do have proof for everything i state found in va files 2003 thank you frank

Guest frank
Frank

John

john and don,you guys don,t understand what va did yo me yes it is true i am 100% ptsd in 2003,under terms no hospital no injury, no recopetion, this is grander under,nj law, the law is i don,t have to pay taxes on my house va has wiped out all my service of air force 46-49 hospital 7 months japan, navy 52-56 sinking of hobson torn shoulder forceing me to become unemployabley va dienied my claim went out in 1991 for ssim the claim of 78, stated no records found,yet in 1994 they state i can,t have penson because you make to much money ACORRING TO YOUR RECORDS OF 1948on top of this some big wig wrote on one of my papers after i signed in lieu of vafg for 100%effected date of ptsd i have appeals in for everything but what right did va have to just wipe me off like that and what does vafg stand for frank

Guest allanopie

Hello Frank,

These links might help you understand some things.

####################################################

Unitited States Codes = USC = laws passed by congress

Codes of Federal Regulations = CFR = USC's put into regulations the VA is "supposed" to follow.

M-Manuals = USC's + CFR's put into istructions on how VA employees are to apply the laws.

USC Title 38 VETERANS' BENEFITS

http://www.access.gpo.gov/uscode/title38/title38.html

USC Title 38 VETERANS' BENEFITS (APPENDIX)

http://www.access.gpo.gov/uscode/title38a/title38a.html

38 Code of Federal Regulations - REGS & M-Manuals

http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/sitemap.htm

DAV COURT CITATIONS

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:-wF1JY....+Cir.&hl=en&gl

Reinlistment Codes (RE) codes

RE Codes

ARMY, RE-1

Individuals who were fully qualified when last separated. Fully qualified for enlistment.

ARMY, RE-1A

Individuals with over 6 years of service for pay. Fully qualified for enlistment. Ineligible to reenlist for 93 days alter date of separation.

ARMY, RE-1B

Individuals who have not been tested to verify primary MOS during current term of service. Fully qualified for enlistment.

ARMY, RE-1C

Individuals separated who do not possess scores of 90 or higher in any 3 or more aptitude areas of thc ASVAB If tested prior to 1 Oct 1980, or scores of 85 or higher in any 3 or more aptitude areas of the ASVAB if tested on or after 1 Oct 80. Fully qualified for enlistment provided otherwise qualified.

ARMY, RE-2

Individuals separated for the convenience of the Government in accordance with Chapter 5, AR 635-200, (Chapter 5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12) and reenlistment is not contemplated. Fully qualified for enlistment/reenlistment (AR 635-200.

ARMY, RE-2A

Individuals with over 6 years of service for pay who have incurred an additional service requirement and who decline to meet the additional service requirement through reenlistment or extension and were separated prior to 15 Aug 1977. Fully qualified for enlistment. Ineligible to reenlist in grade and for 93 days after date of separation.

ARMY, RE-2B

Individuals who were fully qualified when last separated. However, reenlistment not authorized at time of separation under enlisted year group management plan. Fully qualified for enlistment.

ARMY, RE-2C

Individuals who were fully qualified when last separated. However, reenlistment not authorized at time of separation under reenlistment control policy. Civilian: fully qualified for enlistment.

ARMY, RE-3

Individuals who are not qualified for continued Army service, but the disqualification is waiverable. Ineligible for enlistment unless a waiver is granted.

ARMY, RE-3A

Section 1. Individuals who do not possess scores of or higher in any 3 or more aptitude areas of the AQB or the ACB. However, this code is no longer used for this disqualification. Fully qualified for enlistment if mental requirements of table 2-1 can be met. Prior service mental requirements are nonwaiverable. Waiver, if approved, is valid only for the purpose ol providing continuous, unbroken service for RA in-service personnnel. Section 2. Individuals with over 6 years of service for pay who have incurred an additional service equirement and who decline to meet the additional service through reenlistment or extension and were separated on or after 15 Aug 1977. Fully qualified for enlistment. Waiver, if approved, is valid only for the purpose ol providing continuous, unbroken service for RA in-service personnel.

ARMY, RE-3B

Individuals who have time lost during their last period of service. Ineligible for enlistment unless waiver is granted. (paras 2-7 and 2-8a). Applicable to EM who have time lost during thier last period of service.

ARMY, RE-3C

ludividuals who have completed over 4 months service who do not meet the pay grade requirements of Chapter 2), or who have been denied enlistment under Qualitative Screening Process pursuant to Chapter 4 AR 600-200. Ineligible for enlistment unless waiver is granted. Applicable to persons who have completed over 8 months service who do not meet the prior grade and service criterion of the Qualitative Management Program (AR 600-200 Chapter 4).

ARMY, RE-4

Individuals separated from last period of service with a nonwaiverable disqualification (refer to AR 601-280). Ineligible for enlistment except as provided for in paragraphs 2-7c and 2-7d. (See waiverable moral and administrative disqualifications.) Disqualilication is nonwaivable.

ARMY, RE-4A

Individuals who did not meet basic eligibility citizenship requirement of Chapter 2, AR 601-280, at time of last separation fram active duty. Ineligible for enlistment unless requirements of table 2-1 can be met. Citizenship requirements are nonwaiverable. Applicable to EM who fail to meet cotizenship requirements.

ARMY, RE-4R

Individuals retiring after 20 or more years active Federal service (title 10, U.S. Code 3914 or 3917) Ineligible for enlistment.

USAF, RE-1A

Ineligible to reenlist, but condition waived

USAF, RE-1J

Eligible to reenlist but elected to separate

USAF, RE-1K

Career airmen

USAF, RE-1M

Eligible to reenlist

USAF, RE-1P

Eligible to reenlist

USAF, RE-1Q

Eligible to reenlist

USAF, RE-1R

1st term airmen selected for reenlistment

USAF, RE-1T

Eligible to reenlist

ANG and WSAFR airmen serving involuntary or involuntary EAD

USAF, RE-12

recommended for reenlistment

USAF, RE-13

USAF, RE-14

USAF, RE-2A

HQ AFPC denied reenlistment oppo for quality reasons

USAF, RE-2B

Discharged under General or other-than-honorable conditions

USAF, RE-2C

Involuntary separation with Honorable disch

USAF, RE-2D

Returned POW w/less 6 months active duty

USAF, RE-2E

Serving a period of probation and rehab

USAF, RE-2F

Undergoing, or separated while undergoing rehab in a DoD regional confinement fac'y

USAF, RE-2G

Participating in Substance Abuse Reorientation and Treatment prog for drugs, or has failed to complete reorien

USAF, RE-2H

Participating in Substance Abuse Reorientation and Treatment prog for alcohol, or has failed to complete reorientation

USAF, RE-2I

Non U.S. citizen serving on initial enlistment

USAF, RE-2J

Under investigation by mili or civ auth which may result in discharge or court-martial

USAF, RE-2K

Formally notified of involuntary separation

USAF, RE-2L

Civil court charges pending for offense the MCM authorizes confinement; or court martial charges preferred; or court martial conviction under appellate review

USAF, RE-2M

Serving sentence or suspended CM sentence; or separated while serving or suspended CM sentence

USAF, RE-2N

Religiouus conscientious objector preclude unrestricted assignment

USAF, RE-2P

AWOL; deserter dropped from rolls

USAF, RE-2Q

Medically retired or discharged

USAF, RE-2R

Airman within 23 months of 55th birthday; completed at least 18 years

USAF, RE-2S

USAF, RE-2T

Possesses HYT date of at least 20 years; within 23 months of HYT date

USAF, RE-2U

HYT date of at least 20 years

USAF, RE-2V

Applied for retirement, or retirement approved

USAF, RE-2W

Retired and recalled to active duty

USAF, RE-2X

1st term, 2nd term or career airman considered but not selected for reenlistment

USAF, RE-3A

1st airman separating before 36 months; or 1st term, no prior svc; females learning of pregnancy prior to enlistment

USAF, RE-3B

1st or 2nd term or career airman ineligible to reenlist, ineligibility condition no longer exists

USAF, RE-3C

1st term airman not yet considered under SRP

USAF, RE-3D

2nd term airman who refused to get PCS or TDY retainability

USAF, RE-3E

2nd term or career airman who refused to get retainability for training or retraining or delined to attend PME

USAF, RE-3I

Airman selected for reenlistment, by HQ AFPC removed the airman's name from the CJR waiting list within 5 months of DOS

USAF, RE-3K

Reserved for use by HQ AFPC or AFB for Correction of Mili Rcds when no other reenlistment eligibility code applies

USAF, RE-3S

Separated w/Special Sep Benefit

USAF, RE-3V

Separated w/Vol Sep Incentive

USAF, RE-4A

Hardship or dependency disch

USAF, RE-4B

Exceeding body fat standards disch

USAF, RE-4C

Concealment of juvenile rcds; or minority, or faliure to meet phys standards; or failure to obtain 9.0 reading grade

USAF, RE-4D

Snr airman or Sgt w at least 9 yrs TAFMS but fewer than 16 yrs

USAF, RE-4E

A1C or below completed 31 or more months; 1st term airman; or A1C or below w

USAF, RE-4F

5 or more days lost time. Waiver req for reenlistment

USAF, RE-4G

No AFSC skill level commensurate w/grade

USAF, RE-4H

Serving suspended punishment to Art 15

USAF, RE-4I

Serving on Control Roster

USAF, RE-4J

Entered in Phase I AF Weight Prog; or airman ineligible for period of Phase II

USAF, RE-4K

Medically disqualified for continued svc; or pending evaluation by MEB/PEB

USAF, RE-4L

Separated commissioning prog

USAF, RE-4M

Breach of enlistment/reenlistment agreement

USAF, RE-4N

Convicted by civil authority

USN/USMC, RE-1

Recommended for reenlistment

USN/USMC, RE-1A

Eligible for reenlistment.

USN/USMC, RE-2

Ineligible for reenlistment. Recommended for renlistment but ineligible because of status: Fleet Reservist Retired (except for transfer to TDRL), Commissioned Officer. Warrant 0fficer, Midshipman, Cadet.

USN/USMC, RE-3A

Failure to meet area aptitude prerequisites. Fully qualified for enlistment, provided mental criteria of table 2-1 are met. Alien.

USN/USMC, RE-3B

Restricted assignment. Parenthood. Pregnancy.

USN/USMC, RE-3C

Reenlistment authorized by CMC only. Ineligible for enlistment, unless waiver is granted. Conscientious Objector.

USN/USMC, RE-3D

Failure to meet disciplinary standards. Ineligible for enlistment, unless waiver is granted. Demonstrated dependency or hardship not meetinq criteria specified in Bupersman article C-10308.

USN/USMC, RE-3E

Failure to meet education prerequisites. Fully qualified for enlistment provided education criteria is met. Erroneous induction.

USN/USMC, RE-3F

Erroneous enlistment.

USN/USMC, RE-3G

Condition (not physical disability) interfering with performance of duty.

USN/USMC, RE-3H

Hardship

USN/USMC, RE-3K

Disenrolled Irom Naval Academy, not considered qualified for enlisted status.

USN/USMC, RE-3M

Marriage.

USN/USMC, RE-3N

Importance to national health, safety or interest.

USN/USMC, RE-3P

Physical disability (includes discharge and transfer to TDRL). Obesity. Motion sickness. Disqualified for officer candidate training.

USN/USMC, RE-3R

Rank reappointment restriction. Ineligible for reenlist unless waivered

USN/USCG, RE-3R

Professional growth criteria. Ineligible for reenlist unless waivered

USN/USMC, RE-3S

Sole surviving son.

USN/USMC, RE-3T

Overweight

USN/USMC, RE-3U

Minority

USN/USMC, RE-4

Not recommended for reenlistment

Edited by allanopie

Guest frank
Hello Frank,

These links might help you understand some things.

####################################################

Unitited States Codes = USC = laws passed by congress

Codes of Federal Regulations = CFR = USC's put into regulations the VA is "supposed" to follow.

M-Manuals = USC's + CFR's put into istructions on how VA employees are to apply the laws.

USC Title 38 VETERANS' BENEFITS

http://www.access.gpo.gov/uscode/title38/title38.html

USC Title 38 VETERANS' BENEFITS (APPENDIX)

http://www.access.gpo.gov/uscode/title38a/title38a.html

38 Code of Federal Regulations - REGS & M-Manuals

http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/sitemap.htm

DAV COURT CITATIONS

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:-wF1JY....+Cir.&hl=en&gl

Reinlistment Codes (RE) codes

RE Codes

ARMY, RE-1

Individuals who were fully qualified when last separated. Fully qualified for enlistment.

ARMY, RE-1A

Individuals with over 6 years of service for pay. Fully qualified for enlistment. Ineligible to reenlist for 93 days alter date of separation.

ARMY, RE-1B

Individuals who have not been tested to verify primary MOS during current term of service. Fully qualified for enlistment.

ARMY, RE-1C

Individuals separated who do not possess scores of 90 or higher in any 3 or more aptitude areas of thc ASVAB If tested prior to 1 Oct 1980, or scores of 85 or higher in any 3 or more aptitude areas of the ASVAB if tested on or after 1 Oct 80. Fully qualified for enlistment provided otherwise qualified.

ARMY, RE-2

Individuals separated for the convenience of the Government in accordance with Chapter 5, AR 635-200, (Chapter 5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12) and reenlistment is not contemplated. Fully qualified for enlistment/reenlistment (AR 635-200.

ARMY, RE-2A

Individuals with over 6 years of service for pay who have incurred an additional service requirement and who decline to meet the additional service requirement through reenlistment or extension and were separated prior to 15 Aug 1977. Fully qualified for enlistment. Ineligible to reenlist in grade and for 93 days after date of separation.

ARMY, RE-2B

Individuals who were fully qualified when last separated. However, reenlistment not authorized at time of separation under enlisted year group management plan. Fully qualified for enlistment.

ARMY, RE-2C

Individuals who were fully qualified when last separated. However, reenlistment not authorized at time of separation under reenlistment control policy. Civilian: fully qualified for enlistment.

ARMY, RE-3

Individuals who are not qualified for continued Army service, but the disqualification is waiverable. Ineligible for enlistment unless a waiver is granted.

ARMY, RE-3A

Section 1. Individuals who do not possess scores of or higher in any 3 or more aptitude areas of the AQB or the ACB. However, this code is no longer used for this disqualification. Fully qualified for enlistment if mental requirements of table 2-1 can be met. Prior service mental requirements are nonwaiverable. Waiver, if approved, is valid only for the purpose ol providing continuous, unbroken service for RA in-service personnnel. Section 2. Individuals with over 6 years of service for pay who have incurred an additional service equirement and who decline to meet the additional service through reenlistment or extension and were separated on or after 15 Aug 1977. Fully qualified for enlistment. Waiver, if approved, is valid only for the purpose ol providing continuous, unbroken service for RA in-service personnel.

ARMY, RE-3B

Individuals who have time lost during their last period of service. Ineligible for enlistment unless waiver is granted. (paras 2-7 and 2-8a). Applicable to EM who have time lost during thier last period of service.

ARMY, RE-3C

ludividuals who have completed over 4 months service who do not meet the pay grade requirements of Chapter 2), or who have been denied enlistment under Qualitative Screening Process pursuant to Chapter 4 AR 600-200. Ineligible for enlistment unless waiver is granted. Applicable to persons who have completed over 8 months service who do not meet the prior grade and service criterion of the Qualitative Management Program (AR 600-200 Chapter 4).

ARMY, RE-4

Individuals separated from last period of service with a nonwaiverable disqualification (refer to AR 601-280). Ineligible for enlistment except as provided for in paragraphs 2-7c and 2-7d. (See waiverable moral and administrative disqualifications.) Disqualilication is nonwaivable.

ARMY, RE-4A

Individuals who did not meet basic eligibility citizenship requirement of Chapter 2, AR 601-280, at time of last separation fram active duty. Ineligible for enlistment unless requirements of table 2-1 can be met. Citizenship requirements are nonwaiverable. Applicable to EM who fail to meet cotizenship requirements.

ARMY, RE-4R

Individuals retiring after 20 or more years active Federal service (title 10, U.S. Code 3914 or 3917) Ineligible for enlistment.

USAF, RE-1A

Ineligible to reenlist, but condition waived

USAF, RE-1J

Eligible to reenlist but elected to separate

USAF, RE-1K

Career airmen

USAF, RE-1M

Eligible to reenlist

USAF, RE-1P

Eligible to reenlist

USAF, RE-1Q

Eligible to reenlist

USAF, RE-1R

1st term airmen selected for reenlistment

USAF, RE-1T

Eligible to reenlist

ANG and WSAFR airmen serving involuntary or involuntary EAD

USAF, RE-12

USAF, RE-13

USAF, RE-14

USAF, RE-2A

HQ AFPC denied reenlistment oppo for quality reasons

USAF, RE-2B

Discharged under General or other-than-honorable conditions

USAF, RE-2C

Involuntary separation with Honorable disch

USAF, RE-2D

Returned POW w/less 6 months active duty

USAF, RE-2E

Serving a period of probation and rehab

USAF, RE-2F

Undergoing, or separated while undergoing rehab in a DoD regional confinement fac'y

USAF, RE-2G

Participating in Substance Abuse Reorientation and Treatment prog for drugs, or has failed to complete reorien

USAF, RE-2H

Participating in Substance Abuse Reorientation and Treatment prog for alcohol, or has failed to complete reorientation

USAF, RE-2I

Non U.S. citizen serving on initial enlistment

USAF, RE-2J

Under investigation by mili or civ auth which may result in discharge or court-martial

USAF, RE-2K

Formally notified of involuntary separation

USAF, RE-2L

Civil court charges pending for offense the MCM authorizes confinement; or court martial charges preferred; or court martial conviction under appellate review

USAF, RE-2M

Serving sentence or suspended CM sentence; or separated while serving or suspended CM sentence

USAF, RE-2N

Religiouus conscientious objector preclude unrestricted assignment

USAF, RE-2P

AWOL; deserter dropped from rolls

USAF, RE-2Q

Medically retired or discharged

USAF, RE-2R

USAF, RE-2S

USAF, RE-2T

Possesses HYT date of at least 20 years; within 23 months of HYT date

USAF, RE-2U

HYT date of at least 20 years

USAF, RE-2V

Applied for retirement, or retirement approved

USAF, RE-2W

Retired and recalled to active duty

USAF, RE-2X

1st term, 2nd term or career airman considered but not selected for reenlistment

USAF, RE-3A

1st airman separating before 36 months; or 1st term, no prior svc; females learning of pregnancy prior to enlistment

USAF, RE-3B

1st or 2nd term or career airman ineligible to reenlist, ineligibility condition no longer exists

USAF, RE-3C

1st term airman not yet considered under SRP

USAF, RE-3D

2nd term airman who refused to get PCS or TDY retainability

USAF, RE-3E

2nd term or career airman who refused to get retainability for training or retraining or delined to attend PME

USAF, RE-3I

Airman selected for reenlistment, by HQ AFPC removed the airman's name from the CJR waiting list within 5 months of DOS

USAF, RE-3K

Reserved for use by HQ AFPC or AFB for Correction of Mili Rcds when no other reenlistment eligibility code applies

USAF, RE-3S

Separated w/Special Sep Benefit

USAF, RE-3V

Separated w/Vol Sep Incentive

USAF, RE-4A

Hardship or dependency disch

USAF, RE-4B

Exceeding body fat standards disch

USAF, RE-4C

Concealment of juvenile rcds; or minority, or faliure to meet phys standards; or failure to obtain 9.0 reading grade

USAF, RE-4D

Snr airman or Sgt w at least 9 yrs TAFMS but fewer than 16 yrs

USAF, RE-4E

A1C or below completed 31 or more months; 1st term airman; or A1C or below w

USAF, RE-4F

5 or more days lost time. Waiver req for reenlistment

USAF, RE-4G

No AFSC skill level commensurate w/grade

USAF, RE-4H

Serving suspended punishment to Art 15

USAF, RE-4I

Serving on Control Roster

USAF, RE-4J

Entered in Phase I AF Weight Prog; or airman ineligible for period of Phase II

USAF, RE-4K

Medically disqualified for continued svc; or pending evaluation by MEB/PEB

USAF, RE-4L

Separated commissioning prog

USAF, RE-4M

Breach of enlistment/reenlistment agreement

USAF, RE-4N

Convicted by civil authority

USN/USMC, RE-1

Recommended for reenlistment

USN/USMC, RE-1A

Eligible for reenlistment.

USN/USMC, RE-2

Ineligible for reenlistment. Recommended for renlistment but ineligible because of status: Fleet Reservist Retired (except for transfer to TDRL), Commissioned Officer. Warrant 0fficer, Midshipman, Cadet.

USN/USMC, RE-3A

Failure to meet area aptitude prerequisites. Fully qualified for enlistment, provided mental criteria of table 2-1 are met. Alien.

USN/USMC, RE-3B

Restricted assignment. Parenthood. Pregnancy.

USN/USMC, RE-3C

Reenlistment authorized by CMC only. Ineligible for enlistment, unless waiver is granted. Conscientious Objector.

USN/USMC, RE-3D

Failure to meet disciplinary standards. Ineligible for enlistment, unless waiver is granted. Demonstrated dependency or hardship not meetinq criteria specified in Bupersman article C-10308.

USN/USMC, RE-3E

Failure to meet education prerequisites. Fully qualified for enlistment provided education criteria is met. Erroneous induction.

USN/USMC, RE-3F

Erroneous enlistment.

USN/USMC, RE-3G

Condition (not physical disability) interfering with performance of duty.

USN/USMC, RE-3H

Hardship

USN/USMC, RE-3K

Disenrolled Irom Naval Academy, not considered qualified for enlisted status.

USN/USMC, RE-3M

Marriage.

USN/USMC, RE-3N

Importance to national health, safety or interest.

USN/USMC, RE-3P

Physical disability (includes discharge and transfer to TDRL). Obesity. Motion sickness. Disqualified for officer candidate training.

USN/USMC, RE-3R

Rank reappointment restriction. Ineligible for reenlist unless waivered

USN/USCG, RE-3R

Professional growth criteria. Ineligible for reenlist unless waivered

USN/USMC, RE-3S

Sole surviving son.

USN/USMC, RE-3T

Overweight

USN/USMC, RE-3U

Minority

USN/USMC, RE-4

Not recommended for reenlistment

i did not ask you for information. i stated what i read on another web page, frank

Guest frank
(I edited this post for frank so it would be a bit easier to read - Tbird)

Dear veterans,

You have all made good points, there is no question, in doubt, of what you state, but you still did not answer my question how would a veteran know?

We reply to each other by our computers, but older veterans, do not know how to use a computer or cannot afford, nor understand, what you write.

I am 100% US AF e4, granted to me under section 38, chapter 5 part 111 m21-1, V. A. held this information back from me all these years V. A. claimed no records found, if not with the help of a lady that worked for V. A. she made copies of everything right now I have 100% 3 times, how would I know, what section 38 meant?

It was with you help, what you know I don’t, that is why I am grateful, for all your help, I served in a time 46-49 air force, navy 52-56, both of my discharges are ok, I even have a letter from navy, of recognition for my service on the USS Wasp, they recommended me to enlist, this states a copy of this letter will be put in your files,

I also have. certificate of recognition from Donald Rumsfield, this states IN RECOGNITION OF YOUR SERVICE DURING THE PERIOD OF THE COLD WAR[sEPT.2.1945-26 OF DECEMBER 1991]IN PROMOTING,PEACE AND STABILITY FOR THIS NATION THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION ARE FOREVER GRATEFUL.SIGNED BY DONALD RUSMFIELD,SECRETARY OF DEFENSE.

I open my first claim in 1978, V. A. states no records found. so when you write what is law ,I know you are all right,

I do not question what you state, but put yourself in a older veterans shoes, and try to picture yourself in our shoes how would I know about these codes?

V. A. is using these codes on older veterans how would they know?

I might add V. A. has me rated 0 navy 0, I really hope I can get them into LEVENSWORTH. for what they did to veterans of my time who died waiting for a reply from V. A., the government can not undue, what has happened to me.

I have no respect for the US government, Nixon, called veterans dumb, stupid people, and he made it to the white house.

Long ago our country was declared WE ARE AT WAR,I WAS ONLY 17, my mother had to sign for me, when war was declared I stepped forward signed up, stepped up took the oath, stated I’LL GO SIR WE WERE AT WAR, sorry this is so long by I want you all to understand what older veterans fact , again my question, how would they know

thank you frank

thank you t-bird frank

• HadIt.com Elder

Frank

I am not sure how old you are ,but for us old timers ,I think it is best to put the most effort into the claim or appeal that is going to get us the biggest bang and is the strongest. The VA, as you know , can string out a claim for years. You want to be around to collect on the retro, so focus on the claim you have the best chance of winning.

Guest frank

dear john, thank you this is not about money, i have 55 appeals in under 38 5109A, and i can prove all 55 under cue .to start in 2003, i find a rating stating i am s/c for a/f in this raiding they state get exam for radadition,38 chapter 5 part 3 m21-2, va NEVER informed me of this. my only son was born with a rear tumor, va had no right to keep medical information from me, i did not get my records until 2003, in 1984, that tumor, turned to cancer, if va would got in touch with me we would or had a idea of what we were looking because he always had health problems, to make matters worse his kidney go cut in operation , only out put is 20% in this kidiny, and the basters will not add him on to my award letter that they knoe is wrong, and has to be changed to 46-49 va keeps asking for pooof he had condition before his 18 birthday, i state i don,y have to prove you anything, you were told what to do in 1993,also my navy of 52-56 i should be s/c in navy , va only starts it in 2003, i appesl this but 3 ys i have waited my son only gets ssi he has no medical gap insurance, and i can,t get him one because he,s to young, i won,t apply for mediaid, he should on champ va, those are my benifits not thers,va gets great enjoyment to see us beg and suffer before i die i want my son on champ va and a check sent to him each month then i can leave this world knowing my goverment is taking care of my son with medical and income, and i will always fell they were responable for thrir lousey monry so important, that they would hide medical information back for money this john is what it,s all about , the basters should do jail time, frank