VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Web Page States

Rate this question

Guest frank

Question

Guest frank

dear veterans, i was on a veterans web page ,someone stated,on your dd-214 the goverment has a code on your discharge, this code states [from web page] if you are a bed wetter,drunk ect. so somewhere on your discharge,is a code, i looked on mine,i was asked to reinlist,so i guess mine is ok. maybe this is why we can;t get our the claim we ask for or why it is so hard for us,if this code is true,that means we don,t stand a chance,and spend years trying to win something we CAN,T win from day one. frank

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guest fla_viking

Dear Frank

The military was ordered to do away wiht th ecodes because they are being abused. No where in the VA law or denials are there any references to codes as a reason for denial. If the RO is on there own being jerks usijng codes. its secret and will not be used on appeal to BVA or the courts

Terry Higgins

Guest DON20906

I remeber there was HUGE scandal in the early 70s over "Spin Numbers"

SPN Numbers can be looked up at: http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theorderlyroom/

Scroll down to Military Separation Codes.

Dear Frank

The military was ordered to do away wiht th ecodes because they are being abused. No where in the VA law or denials are there any references to codes as a reason for denial. If the RO is on there own being jerks usijng codes. its secret and will not be used on appeal to BVA or the courts

Terry Higgins

Guest frank
Dear Frank

Terry Higgins

dear terry .you might be right,as these are on only dd-214, as these are older discharges,i don.t know what a new discharge would look like,if there was a changemade,how would a older veteran know this,they would file a claim, get denied,file to bva and still be turned down . i was givem 100% 4e from air force,52-56 in navy rated 100% ptsd for 4-11=52, in 1978 i open claim for medical records va stated no records found,hoe do you appeal,a statment like that? in 2003 i do get everything i have stated va had proof all these years my point is hoe would you know? thank you frank

Guest frank
I remeber there was HUGE scandal in the early 70s over "Spin Numbers"

SPN Numbers can be looked up at: http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theorderlyroom/

Scroll down to Military Separation Codes.

dear don thank you for your reply,i know you are right on what you state,however we all know how va bva . and court of appeals , has lied to veterans from what i read on the other web page,older veterans are turned because of codes. do you think the goverment would check in va to see if they are doing right by veterans?i came out of the shoping center a few days ago there was a veteran in a wheel chair asking for money,this poor man had lost2 legs i arm,his legs were made so cheap ,thet could not support him. i asked sir, are you getting compensation for this? he said yes, i asked how much, he had spent 5 years in the hospital , only getting 1500. per month i said that is not right, you should be getting about 3500 per month i asked why don.t you appeal? his answer was i joined the service at age 16, i forged my mothers name,va stated if he ever tried to appeal va would file a forgey charge on him, there was no way i could get him to see va could do no such thing. this is my point,how would we know. and i do mean the older veterans you new veterans, are sharp you know how to apply the law,you have computers fax ect,everything at your finger tips,but older veterans have no knowledge of up to date laws. their fear of va is so strong, no one can break it, an again how would they know? frank

• HadIt.com Elder

I got the spin numbers on my DD214. They labeled me a personality disorder and that was why I was discharged. I was a bad boy so they waited almost three years to discover I was a personality disorder. Maybe that was why I did not get a job as a VA benefits couselor back in the 70's. I took a standardised test for all potential federal employees and got a pretty good score. The only offers I ever got were from the VA and the ATF. I was a disabled vet with a college education and a high score and I could not get a job at the VA. Probably some guys girlfried or cousin got the job.

Guest DON20906

The only way VA could deny him over this is if his enlistment was adjudicated fraudulent by the service department and he was put out with a dishonorable discahrge. VA is not going to file charges on him.

dear don thank you for your reply,i know you are right on what you state,however we all know how va bva . and court of appeals , has lied to veterans from what i read on the other web page,older veterans are turned because of codes. do you think the goverment would check in va to see if they are doing right by veterans?i came out of the shoping center a few days ago there was a veteran in a wheel chair asking for money,this poor man had lost2 legs i arm,his legs were made so cheap ,thet could not support him. i asked sir, are you getting compensation for this? he said yes, i asked how much, he had spent 5 years in the hospital , only getting 1500. per month i said that is not right, you should be getting about 3500 per month i asked why don.t you appeal? his answer was i joined the service at age 16, i forged my mothers name,va stated if he ever tried to appeal va would file a forgey charge on him, there was no way i could get him to see va could do no such thing. this is my point,how would we know. and i do mean the older veterans you new veterans, are sharp you know how to apply the law,you have computers fax ect,everything at your finger tips,but older veterans have no knowledge of up to date laws. their fear of va is so strong, no one can break it, an again how would they know? frank
Edited by DON20906