VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Heard The Va Is "re-Doing" My Claim?

Rate this question

justrluk

Question

Hello to all:

Two issues I'm not quite sure what happened:

1. Found out that a claim I had in for asthma secondary to Humira use for psoriatic arthritis went from being in Development to Administrative Review. I've sent in additional documents, and still have more records to collect, so I'm wondering what's going on??

2. The VARO ADDED a claim to the Asthma claim: an increase for psoriasis. Not that I mind this so much, but I've already had an increase just last year. In the initial claim for this, though, I mentioned that I was on weekly injections of Humira for both psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.

§4.118—Schedule of ratings–skin

7816 Psoriasis:

More than 40 percent of the entire body or more than 40 percent

of exposed areas affected, or; constant or near-constant systemic

therapy such as corticosteroids or other immunosuppressive drugs

required during the past 12-month period............................................................... 60

so I'm wondering if this is where the added claim came from?? Any clues out there? I've emailed my VSO but as usual, no response.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yulooking, I had this same statement made to me when I saw they converted my additional evidence of new diagnosis of peripheral neuropathy in both feet and carpal tunnel in both hands in support of my IU appeal into new claims. I hope it is true....

On the BVA Grant, I was told a grant is final and the normal time is 2-3 months for a grant over $25,000 BUT that he had he had someone still waiting after 4 months.

Humira has been found to cause some serious adverse affects.

"asthma secondary to Humira use for psoriatic arthritis"

If you have proven this drug had a medical consequence of causing asthma, then the VA should service connect the asthma as secondary to the Humira usage.

"The VARO ADDED a claim to the Asthma claim: an increase for psoriasis. Not that I mind this so much, but I've already had an increase just last year. In the initial claim for this, though, I mentioned that I was on weekly injections of Humira for both psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis."

Either something caused the VA to re evaluate the psoriasis claim's rating or they are adding into the SC psoriasis -a percentage for the asthma and in this way they are considering an increase for the psoriasis as due to the effect of the Humira.

Does that make sense to you?

Ms. Berta,

I was looking over some old posts and found this one. I can't thank you enough: the VA rated me at 30% for asthma secondary to Humira use.