VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Letter From Vfw?

Rate this question

rydastar

Question

i am in middle of claim process for ptsd, /AO and heart stent. etc..

today i got this letter in mail from VFW, in it was something about being 10% dis. rating from v.a. effective 1/27/10

What it this? it has my claim # so i am thinking it is legit. however i have a few questions about the ptsd, AO part,,,

ant thoughts? it eluded to being eligible for medical care at v.a. med. center, and to contact them for more info...

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

i am in middle of claim process for ptsd, /AO and heart stent. etc..

today i got this letter in mail from VFW, in it was something about being 10% dis. rating from v.a. effective 1/27/10

What it this? it has my claim # so i am thinking it is legit. however i have a few questions about the ptsd, AO part,,,

ant thoughts? it eluded to being eligible for medical care at v.a. med. center, and to contact them for more info...

You should wait to receive the official VA letter. Call the 800 number ans ask when they sent the award letter.

Sounds like an AO IHD grant but bad news for the ptsd. They may have also deferred the PTSD.

What was your Ejection Fraction on your last Echo.

J

Not sure about the ejection fracture, and hope the ptsd was not rejected, but i will see if and when i get official letter...my curiosity was with the VFW notice? just sounded weird to me that i get notice like this from them first and not VA. thanks ,,ryd..will update when i get news!

You should wait to receive the official VA letter. Call the 800 number ans ask when they sent the award letter.

Sounds like an AO IHD grant but bad news for the ptsd. They may have also deferred the PTSD.

What was your Ejection Fraction on your last Echo.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

If the VFW is your POA, it is normal for them to sometimes notify you first. It's usually a letter that tell you what "they" got you and what a great job "they " did and requesting you join, if you're not already a member. The VA's letter should follow within a couple of days. I agree with jbasser's statement but they could've awarded 10% for ptsd, deferred the other's. jmo

pr

ok thanks for reply, and NO i am not or have ever been a VFW member, so that was throwing me off here/ Prank?? but it had my case/file #..in any case should i only get this rating, i guess i need to get my ducks in a row and try to get this up to another level. will post when i get more news,,thanks again,, ryd..

If the VFW is your POA, it is normal for them to sometimes notify you first. It's usually a letter that tell you what "they" got you and what a great job "they " did and requesting you join, if you're not already a member. The VA's letter should follow within a couple of days. I agree with jbasser's statement but they could've awarded 10% for ptsd, deferred the other's. jmo

pr

ok thanks for reply, and NO i am not or have ever been a VFW member, so that was throwing me off here/ Prank??

ry,

Did you ever sign a form for representation by a service organization ?

No i did not. Service organization? such as vfw..amvets..etc..? no not at all..

ry,

Did you ever sign a form for representation by a service organization ?