VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Unemployable?

Rate this question

Mama Bear

Question

I had my first C&P on the 9th of May. I received a copy of my exam this Saturday. In it the examiner states that he finds me unemPloyable do to ptsd secondary depression.I never thought of myself as such. But seeing that I do not have a job it is probable. I suppose this is a good thing for the Va review. My question I guess is what can I expect now? I have read that some people have had to go to more cp exams to determine unemployability. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but I just don't think I can do that again. I just want my disciion so I can crawl back in my hole.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I filed for TDIU when I was 30%. I won my appeal and got 70% with no TDIU. Then I appealed the denial of TDIU and got the original date when I filed and was 30%, so it pays to file for TDIU even if you 10% and unemployable.

I haven't even received a decision yet. Won't they pull it from where it is at? I just recieved my c&p days ago... So I'm sure I have awhile still to wait.

On my exam my scores are depression and paranoia at 85-90 tscore and PTSD pm scale at 95t score. Gaf score of 45. Like I know what that means. Bit he also states that because of this it interferes with social relationships and makes me unemployable.

Anybody have an idea of what the scores mean in plain Jane lameman terms?

• HadIt.com Elder

Mama Bear

After C&P things move a little faster. Expect an answer in 60 to 120 days.

Good Luck

On my exam my scores are depression and paranoia at 85-90 tscore and PTSD pm scale at 95t score. Gaf score of 45.

The only scores I am familiar with that information as posted is the GAF score.

Basically at the moment that GAF score was assigned you weren't doing too well.

GAF scores can and many times do change from day to day.

It's only one factor of several in adjudication of a percentage level evaluation.

My main question would be, did the C&P examiner provide a nexus for mental health to a stressor

from active duty or was your stressor already conceded by VBA ?

The only scores I am familiar with that information as posted is the GAF score.

Basically at the moment that GAF score was assigned you weren't doing too well.

GAF scores can and many times do change from day to day.

It's only one factor of several in adjudication of a percentage level evaluation.

My main question would be, did the C&P examiner provide a nexus for mental health to a stressor

from active duty or was your stressor already conceded by VBA ?

Not quite sure what your asking. I sent in my personal letter and time line of the stressor all with corresponding emails and medical evidence all with my application. The va examiner

basically just repeated the same thing as a stressor inhis examination. The scores are some sort of test called Minnesota multiphasic personality inventory and wechsler adult intelligence scale.