Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Job Training For Veterans And Spouses

Rate this question

deltaj

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I am the spouse of a permanently and totally disabled service-connected veteran. Awhile back I received free job training to become a Certified Nurse Aide through the Workforce Incentive Act. I applied for this training at the local job services office, a government office. Nobody every explained to me that I had priority for job training. I learned more about this benefit recently through a document I found on the internet recently entitled VETERANS' PROGRAM LETTER NO. 07-09. After finding this document online, I got intrigued and did an additional search under the term VETERANS' PROGRAM LETTER and found additional documents that were interesting. One document I found online by searching with this method was entitled ATTACHMENT B and explained information on which veterans, spouses, and veterans are eligible veterans. Another document I found by searching with this method was on job training for veterans and was entitled VETERANS' PROGRAM LETTER NO. 01-10. During a search which used this method I found another document entitled Disabled Veterans Outreach Program which concerned meeting the employment needs of disabled veterans, homeless veterans, and veterans with barriers to employment, and providing job training for those individuals. A search by this method also yielded some interesting information on the Wagner-Peyser Act which provides services for veterans. This latter document had to do with earners in quarters from veterans who had more than one employer; It may pertain somehow to unemployment benefits but I'm not sure. Using this same search method I found VETERANS' PROGRAM LETTER 01-99 which concerned an obligation to report on Vocational Rehabilitation and Counseling Activity and training.

v

Edited by deltaj

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question