VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does Anyone Know How The Va Handles Oxygen?

Rate this topic

Rockman,

I have Pulmanary Fibrosis and COPD.

The B tanks are about 20 to 24 inches tall and about 3 inchhes in diamater. The small tanks are about 12 inches by 3 inches.

I wear a back pack supplied by Helth Care and a side arm pack for te B tanks.

The side B Tankslast about 1 to 1 1/2 days.

I added a chest strap to hold the tank on my shoulder for when I was working. The company had "safety issues" and I also installed a clip to hook up to my belt loop to keep it from swing out in front of me.

I have been on oxygen for 16 months and you get used to the tanks.

When we went to my reunion I just asked for the battery condenser about 2 months ahead and they supplied it.

If you get used to the noise the condenser generats heat so if it is in the bedroom it will warm up the bedroom - but dont close the door because the condenser needs continuse air to extract the oxygen.

Lots of luck Rockman on your cruise we are going to Niagra Falls this year fro our reunion (our 22nd)

Flatbroke

Everything Stays The Same until It Changes

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Test,

Did they leave you a tall tank (about4 1/2 foot tall) in case the electricity goes out???

I have 16 B tanks, 1 Large tank, and 4 small tanks. I am glad that you got your tanks I know how hard it is to try to funtion without.

Good luck with you tanks and remember we cant fly with our tanks because of 911. We have to have an airline approved battery condenser, and the airlines will give you a list of the ones they approve.

Flatbroke

Everything Stays The Same Until It Changes

:rolleyes:

thanks Flatbroke, the VA called at 9 am and the ladyon the phone stated that the pulmonary doctor had signed off on the order for oxygen and a home health care place in Lexington would call me later in the day or early tommorow and set up the delivery They called about 10 am they just left they left 22 B tabks and 4 smaller tanks (2 hours he said they would last) He said the B tanks last about 7 he showed my wife how to set up the pulse regulator but they also delivered a big convertor that pligs into the wall and it makes the oxygen and runs it thru a humidifier since I seldom leave the house I imagine most of the time I will be hooked up to the big unit when I am here at the computer and in bed, sure seems like a lot of equipment

my thanks to all who responded it's nice to see the VA react in a reasonable time period it's hard when you can't get enough air into your body and is hard to catch your breath

Rockman,

I have Pulmanary Fibrosis and COPD.

The B tanks are about 20 to 24 inches tall and about 3 inchhes in diamater. The small tanks are about 12 inches by 3 inches.

I wear a back pack supplied by Helth Care and a side arm pack for te B tanks.

The side B Tankslast about 1 to 1 1/2 days.

I added a chest strap to hold the tank on my shoulder for when I was working. The company had "safety issues" and I also installed a clip to hook up to my belt loop to keep it from swing out in front of me.

I have been on oxygen for 16 months and you get used to the tanks.

When we went to my reunion I just asked for the battery condenser about 2 months ahead and they supplied it.

If you get used to the noise the condenser generats heat so if it is in the bedroom it will warm up the bedroom - but dont close the door because the condenser needs continuse air to extract the oxygen.

Lots of luck Rockman on your cruise we are going to Niagra Falls this year fro our reunion (our 22nd)

Flatbroke

Everything Stays The Same until It Changes

Flatbroke,

I am so sorry to hear that you have Pulmonary Fibrosis and also COPD. That must be very tough for you, but hang in there.

The B tanks are the one Rockman has. He gets 11 per month. He has had them since April 2010. The smaller tanks- they gave us when we returned from Anchorage to just get home. They were itty bitty.

We put the concentrator just outside our bedroom door. It works great that way and does not heat up the room.

You enjoy Niagra Falls. We were there back in 1986. We did a trade show in New York and wanted to go and dig herkimer diamonds and then went to the falls. Great Place.

I will be glad when his cardiologist appointment is over and at least we will know something.

Have a great day now

Mrs. Rockman

• HadIt.com Elder

thanks Flatbroke, the VA called at 9 am and the ladyon the phone stated that the pulmonary doctor had signed off on the order for oxygen and a home health care place in Lexington would call me later in the day or early tommorow and set up the delivery They called about 10 am they just left they left 22 B tabks and 4 smaller tanks (2 hours he said they would last) He said the B tanks last about 7 he showed my wife how to set up the pulse regulator but they also delivered a big convertor that pligs into the wall and it makes the oxygen and runs it thru a humidifier since I seldom leave the house I imagine most of the time I will be hooked up to the big unit when I am here at the computer and in bed, sure seems like a lot of equipment

my thanks to all who responded it's nice to see the VA react in a reasonable time period it's hard when you can't get enough air into your body and is hard to catch your breath

Glad to hear that you got your oxygen equipment squared away, 'Testvet'.

My most positive thoughts are with you.

Bob