VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Procedure For Getting Back Prescription Copays

Rate this question

jlshand

Question

I know Ive read somewhere that I'm entitled to recover the copays I spent for prescriptions that are related to my now approved S.C claim

Any body remember how do do this? Cant find it anywhere on the VA site

Thanks

Post Options

Enable emoticons?

Enable signature?

Enable email notification of replies?

File Attachments

Global Space Left: 795.57k

Post Icons

(Optional)

[ Use None ]

IPB 2.1 Default Larger Text Element-Free (Import) English Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th June 2006 - 07:36 PM

Invision Power Board v2.1.6 © 2006 IPS, Inc.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Guest jstacy

This would involve the billing department and the Pharmacy at the VA you attend. First go to the Pharmacy and get a medication history. Then take that along with your award letter to the billing office and ask them for reimbursement. They may look you up on the computer and ask your Primary care doctor a bunch of questions. Eventually you will get it.

They took a lump from my Comp. the last two years. I simply call the 800# at Main VAMC and speak to someone in Med Cost and billings and they get report from Pharmacy and then in bout 4-6 weeks I get the money back.

Kenny, thanks

Sure would be nice if I could do this via phone. My history with phone calls to my VARO (Houston) hasnt been too good. Usually get the "bums rush" B.S that "sure we will take care of it" and then time and again nothing happens. have three yes three meds currently screwed up by the system with now 8 phone calls and assurances that meds will be taken care of......and of course ,no action.

I'm afraid some of the folks there are just interested in getting you off the phone. Remember that recent VA survey that showed , what was it 42% of phone inquiries answered incorrectly?

Anyway, worth a try since Ive never tried calling the billing people, only nurses and "hot line" types of "helpfuls" Maybe this is the way it is with all good sized bureaucracies.