VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Evidence For Claim On Feet

Rate this question

Tower_Rat

Question

Im wondering if anyone out there knows what to do if the VA says that they cant find your medical records saying that you had flat feet when you went into the service. Everyone knows that i have flat feet in my family and have had them since i was born. The va says without the evidence it probably doesnt look good for my claim on my feet. Ive been using the va recently for treatment of them as i didnt have insurance for any of this before. Do i get punished for them not being able to find any of my medical records but the current ones? They have been looking for my records now going on two years. The podiatrist says i will probably need surgury on my feet and its obvious that i have flat feet the doctors agree with me but, the claims center states otherwise.....No evidence....no claim. or i guess ill have to appeal cuz the denial is coming.

Thanx

Tower Ratt

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I'm assuming that you're trying to have your feet service connected for the condition being aggrevated by military service? I'm also assuming that they didn't catch it on your entry exam or they would not have allowed you to enlist. Is there no record of you being examined while you were in service of being diagnosed with flat feet? If they caught the problem in-service you could just change your claim to "service connected" if they say they can't find any record otherwise. Was the problem not identified on your exit exam? How long have you been out?

• HadIt.com Elder

Tower Rat

Get a second opinion outside the VA regarding surgery on your feet. If you think they hurt now wait until the surgeons get done with you. If there is any way in the world to avoid foot surgery I would do it. Don't let the Boy Wonders at the VA cripple you for life.

I'm assuming that you're trying to have your feet service connected for the condition being aggrevated by military service? I'm also assuming that they didn't catch it on your entry exam or they would not have allowed you to enlist. Is there no record of you being examined while you were in service of being diagnosed with flat feet? If they caught the problem in-service you could just change your claim to "service connected" if they say they can't find any record otherwise. Was the problem not identified on your exit exam? How long have you been out?

The proof is in my medical records which conviently cannot be found, they have been looking for two years for them with no luck. The doctor at the Mepps station in St louis said that it didnt matter that i had flat feet and that everything would be fine. If they could find my medical records i guess it would be alot easier. Sometimes it feels like its the veteran against the world or in this case the VA, they keep telling me that they wish they could help me with the evidence but, cant find the medical records. Maybe i could get a second oppinion as to how long i have had this since i was born with it. Something that i learned just recently is that were all born with flat feet and just develop over the years. People with flat feet just never developed fully or was from an injury that caused the arch to fall. Interesting stuff though.

Guest frank
Im wondering if anyone out there knows what to do if the VA says that they cant find your medical records saying that you had flat feet when you went into the service. Everyone knows that i have flat feet in my family and have had them since i was born. The va says without the evidence it probably doesnt look good for my claim on my feet. Ive been using the va recently for treatment of them as i didnt have insurance for any of this before. Do i get punished for them not being able to find any of my medical records but the current ones? They have been looking for my records now going on two years. The podiatrist says i will probably need surgury on my feet and its obvious that i have flat feet the doctors agree with me but, the claims center states otherwise.....No evidence....no claim. or i guess ill have to appeal cuz the denial is coming.

Thanx

Tower Ratt

tower rat, i have the same problem,however my records go back to 46-49 52-56 va always stated no records found,in my case i got my records but not until 2003,this is one of va games,your records are there,i have no doubt of that,hoe to prove it is another thing,i wish i had a answer for you,. frank

Guest frank

Thanx

Tower Ratt

tower rat, i just thought of something your family can write a letter for you the answer is in section 38 under evedence,every memenber can write,va has to accept these letters under law,call your va office see if they have a fax number,all letters must be notation,open a new claim under new evedence i think your problems are over.good luck frank

tower rat, i just thought of something your family can write a letter for you the answer is in section 38 under evedence,every memenber can write,va has to accept these letters under law,call your va office see if they have a fax number,all letters must be notation,open a new claim under new evedence i think your problems are over.good luck frank

Hey thanx Frank, Im contacting some members in my family right now that can write me a letter. That would be great if they would accept it under section 38 as new evidence.

Thanx again

Tower Rat