Ads Keep HadIt.com Online. Consider Turning Off Ad Blockers to Keep HadIt.com Online! ×

Evidence For Claim On Feet

Tower_Rat

Question

Im wondering if anyone out there knows what to do if the VA says that they cant find your medical records saying that you had flat feet when you went into the service. Everyone knows that i have flat feet in my family and have had them since i was born. The va says without the evidence it probably doesnt look good for my claim on my feet. Ive been using the va recently for treatment of them as i didnt have insurance for any of this before. Do i get punished for them not being able to find any of my medical records but the current ones? They have been looking for my records now going on two years. The podiatrist says i will probably need surgury on my feet and its obvious that i have flat feet the doctors agree with me but, the claims center states otherwise.....No evidence....no claim. or i guess ill have to appeal cuz the denial is coming.

Thanx

Tower Ratt

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

8 answers to this question

I'm assuming that you're trying to have your feet service connected for the condition being aggrevated by military service? I'm also assuming that they didn't catch it on your entry exam or they would not have allowed you to enlist. Is there no record of you being examined while you were in service of being diagnosed with flat feet? If they caught the problem in-service you could just change your claim to "service connected" if they say they can't find any record otherwise. Was the problem not identified on your exit exam? How long have you been out?

• HadIt.com Elder

Tower Rat

Get a second opinion outside the VA regarding surgery on your feet. If you think they hurt now wait until the surgeons get done with you. If there is any way in the world to avoid foot surgery I would do it. Don't let the Boy Wonders at the VA cripple you for life.

I'm assuming that you're trying to have your feet service connected for the condition being aggrevated by military service? I'm also assuming that they didn't catch it on your entry exam or they would not have allowed you to enlist. Is there no record of you being examined while you were in service of being diagnosed with flat feet? If they caught the problem in-service you could just change your claim to "service connected" if they say they can't find any record otherwise. Was the problem not identified on your exit exam? How long have you been out?

The proof is in my medical records which conviently cannot be found, they have been looking for two years for them with no luck. The doctor at the Mepps station in St louis said that it didnt matter that i had flat feet and that everything would be fine. If they could find my medical records i guess it would be alot easier. Sometimes it feels like its the veteran against the world or in this case the VA, they keep telling me that they wish they could help me with the evidence but, cant find the medical records. Maybe i could get a second oppinion as to how long i have had this since i was born with it. Something that i learned just recently is that were all born with flat feet and just develop over the years. People with flat feet just never developed fully or was from an injury that caused the arch to fall. Interesting stuff though.

Guest frank
Im wondering if anyone out there knows what to do if the VA says that they cant find your medical records saying that you had flat feet when you went into the service. Everyone knows that i have flat feet in my family and have had them since i was born. The va says without the evidence it probably doesnt look good for my claim on my feet. Ive been using the va recently for treatment of them as i didnt have insurance for any of this before. Do i get punished for them not being able to find any of my medical records but the current ones? They have been looking for my records now going on two years. The podiatrist says i will probably need surgury on my feet and its obvious that i have flat feet the doctors agree with me but, the claims center states otherwise.....No evidence....no claim. or i guess ill have to appeal cuz the denial is coming.

Thanx

Tower Ratt

tower rat, i have the same problem,however my records go back to 46-49 52-56 va always stated no records found,in my case i got my records but not until 2003,this is one of va games,your records are there,i have no doubt of that,hoe to prove it is another thing,i wish i had a answer for you,. frank

Guest frank

Thanx

Tower Ratt

tower rat, i just thought of something your family can write a letter for you the answer is in section 38 under evedence,every memenber can write,va has to accept these letters under law,call your va office see if they have a fax number,all letters must be notation,open a new claim under new evedence i think your problems are over.good luck frank

tower rat, i just thought of something your family can write a letter for you the answer is in section 38 under evedence,every memenber can write,va has to accept these letters under law,call your va office see if they have a fax number,all letters must be notation,open a new claim under new evedence i think your problems are over.good luck frank

Hey thanx Frank, Im contacting some members in my family right now that can write me a letter. That would be great if they would accept it under section 38 as new evidence.

Thanx again

Tower Rat

Guest frank
Hey thanx Frank, Im contacting some members in my family right now that can write me a letter. That would be great if they would accept it under section 38 as new evidence.

Thanx again

Tower Rat

tower rat,glad i remenbered that any one can write that letter,your statment today would do my mother states i was born flat footed from birth.would do don;t add anything medical like she took me to docotors,va will not accept that nothing medical .just a statement,open new claim would be best,check ection 38,gfr under your condition an you are on your way,again good luck veteran, frank ps they have to accept you letters under law,unless they have your records and hand them over and that will never happen

tower rat,

It doesn't seem to matter if you have proof of flat feet, as the VA doesn't know how to read anyway.

I failed 2 physicals for 3rd degree flat feet, hyphosis of the spine, and defective vision, then took a third one in 1967, got drafted in 1968, the induction doctor laughing told my flat feet would work good to walk the swamps of Vietnam, like a duck. I suffered through basic training with my feet and back in pain all the time, I even took pain pills for the entire time to get through them 9 weeks, I have it documented in basic training with problems with my feet, them giving me arch supports, It is even on a medical report, I went to the doctor complaining of pain shooting down into my legs. I filed a comp claim for my back, on account of the hyphosis and plus I injured my back several times in the service, after basic training, but got turned down by them stating there was nothing in my medical files, I got turned down, and didn't appeal, as I didn't know boo, about how the VA system worked, and neither did my VSO back in 1971, but have appealed that decision, to the BVA a year ago, and still waiting. the VA tells me all my in-service medical files are missing after basic training, and have checked with st. Louis, and that is what they say to. I filed for my feet 4 years ago, and was turned down, with the explanation that the person who examined me, didn't have all my medical files, and she was just going by what I told her about my flat feet problems in basic and afterward, but have been appealing ever since, now that case is at the BVA too, so like I said, it is hard to prove that something was aggravated by military service, even with some proof, without, who knows, but we have to try, nothing to lose but time. with the statement pain shooting DOWN into my legs, the VA says that came from my feet, not my back, like I contend, I asked them what is it about the word down you do not understand, how can pain shooting down, come from my feet, if the statement said shooting up into my legs, then yes from the feet, but not down, never did get a answer.