VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ihd & Retro

Rate this question

RDT

Question

I was awarded 10% for CAD back in October 2009 and filed a NOD due that no testing was done by the NP during the C&P exam.

They final scheduled a new C& P in Janurary 2011 for CAD & IHD. The test showed 3-5 METS and injection at 50%.

Should be 60% compensatable.

My current disabilities are 90% paid at the 100%.which started in March 2008.

Question is will they pay retro for my CAD/IHD back to the October 2009?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I think they would pay SMC "S" award if the appeal results in a 60% rating ( and the IHD is distinctly separate disability from what you get the 100% rate on now) but the retro and SMC depends on the medical evidence they had in October 2009.

Did you have private medical care for the IHD?

Does the clinical record clearly show you should have been rated higher than 10% in 2009 when they made that decision?

Thanks for the reply,

My VA medical records show an injection fraction of 52% back in October 2009. There were no MET listed. I was also in the VA hospital the following year December 2010 for four days due to my heart.

The C&P when the VA granted the 10% show MET at 12-14 and no injection factor. Just a guess by the NP as no testing was performed by her ( Just ask some question in a 30 minute interview).

The current 100% is based on 70% PTSD with 50% chronic low back, 10% Perpheral Neuropathy, 10% CAD, 10% Hypertension & Aneurysm. Seems they award you 10% to start to see if you will file a NOD.

I provided them the private medical of when I had the open heart surgery back in 1999 when I was 48 years old. The VA took over my treatment the following year untill current.

I was wounded on Hamburger Hill in Vietnam 1968-1969 and exposure to Agent Orange

Recived two Purple Hearts and Bronze Stat with "V" Devise

I think they would pay SMC "S" award if the appeal results in a 60% rating ( and the IHD is distinctly separate disability from what you get the 100% rate on now) but the retro and SMC depends on the medical evidence they had in October 2009.

Did you have private medical care for the IHD?

Does the clinical record clearly show you should have been rated higher than 10% in 2009 when they made that decision?