VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Temp Tdiu

Rate this question

Charleese

Question

If a vet was injured in July of 2008 and filed for TDIU in May of 2009, would that vet get Temporary TDIU. When filed he just asked for TDIU, he didn't ask for temporary TDIU. In his retro payment and award letter it doesn't mention anything about temporary TDIU. Can he do a NOD on that because he was well within the 1 year period for filing.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

He had injury on July 30, 2008 and filed on May 29, 2009. It was our understanding from VSO that he had 1 year to file to become eligible for temporary TDIU. The 1 year would of been July 30, 2009.

Normally a claim for temp TDIU comes faster than a normal processed claim, cause they know your out of work due to the surgery & therapy. That's why I can't believe the SO didn't file it at the time of surgery!!! You need to change to a differant SO if your going to have any more involvement with him/her, seriously!

Sounds like he had a TKR ( Total Knee Replacement ) due to the length of therapy. Same surgery I had in 08.

So he's entitled to another year of TDIU.

Edited by cooter

Normally a claim for temp TDIU comes faster than a normal processed claim, cause they know your out of work due to the surgery & therapy. That's why I can't believe the SO didn't file it at the time of surgery!!! You need to change to a differant SO if your going to have any more involvement with him/her, seriously!

Sounds like he had a TKR ( Total Knee Replacement ) due to the length of therapy. Same surgery I had in 08.

So he's entitled to another year of TDIU.

No he did not have a Total Knee Replacement. What he had was cervical myelopathy, Brown-Sequard Syndrome, with quadriparesis, status post anterior discectomy, fusion and plating at C3-DC4 (claimed as cervical spine condition) associated with Stats post fracture left tibial tubercle with osteoarthris. He had a herniated disc wrap around his spinal cord and they had to go in through his neck. He has Begal cages, screws. wires and plating in him. He was hospitalized from August 15 - Sept. 23, 2008. He had occupational and physical therapy for 9 months.

My appologies, for some reason I was thinking knee surgery. It's spine tingling (no punt there) to think they had to go thru his neck!

• HadIt.com Elder

No. There is no such thing as temporary TDIU. You say his Service connected Knee locked up and he fell and injured his C Spine. That is my take on it.

Convalesent for s period of time then a re exam to assign a post surgical rating.

It is now based on Range of motion if Traumatic Arthritis or bed rest episodes if he is rated under IVDS.

I am getting a little concerned about what you are doing. Maybe I dont understand.

J

No. There is no such thing as temporary TDIU. You say his Service connected Knee locked up and he fell and injured his C Spine. That is my take on it.

Convalesent for s period of time then a re exam to assign a post surgical rating.

It is now based on Range of motion if Traumatic Arthritis or bed rest episodes if he is rated under IVDS.

I am getting a little concerned about what you are doing. Maybe I dont understand.

J

jbasser, evidently you do not understand. What we are doing is no more than what anyone else on this forum is doing and that is to find out whether he is due monies for Temporary TDIU for his injury in 2008 in which that injury is now SC. That's all. If he is due this money then we will NOD to get it. Sorry you don't understand and you need not be concerned.